Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a yummy DD

Now to resist!

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What a yummy DD

Oh, I agree! I need to walk away now....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

hmm....I do like this one!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I just can't help myself. An intervention should be in my future...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm resisting, I'm resisting, because..........wait for it...........my sister and I are planning a trip to the Lancaster, PA area quilt shops next week. We have been talking about doing this for years. Sis says she can go, if she gets a certain amount of paper work done over the weekend. Guess I better start calling her in the daylight hours to 'motivate' her.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

6. Thanks Lightwriter thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a lot of Kaffe fabric stockpiled, and I think those photos of the swatches are misleading in the sense of how big they are...I'm sure they are the correct fabrics shipped but it could be a skinny strip one-fourth the size of what you see....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimsophia View Post
    I've got a lot of Kaffe fabric stockpiled, and I think those photos of the swatches are misleading in the sense of how big they are...I'm sure they are the correct fabrics shipped but it could be a skinny strip one-fourth the size of what you see....
    I didn't even think of that. I have one of the fabrics and the print is really big. No way it it would look that in a small strip. Thanks for pointing that out,

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I didn't even think of that. I have one of the fabrics and the print is really big. No way it it would look that in a small strip. Thanks for pointing that out,
    Yeah, I bought a jellyroll of his fabric on a past daily deal and when it got here, I couldn't figure out why it wasn't at all what I had in my mind...and I think the thing is how big his prints are. A cactus dahlia cut into strips is unrecognizable, and if you like the look of cactus dahlia you could be disappointed in it being only an unrecognizable section.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimsophia View Post
    Yeah, I bought a jellyroll of his fabric on a past daily deal and when it got here, I couldn't figure out why it wasn't at all what I had in my mind...and I think the thing is how big his prints are. A cactus dahlia cut into strips is unrecognizable, and if you like the look of cactus dahlia you could be disappointed in it being only an unrecognizable section.
    I have the Lotus Leaf and the print is huge. Well thanks for saving my wallet!

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I have the Lotus Leaf and the print is huge. Well thanks for saving my wallet!
    Heh heh...I encourage you to buy Kaffe fabrics in at least a half yard cut!!