• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pharris123
    The Guild President
    • Apr 2015

looking for a specific fabric

It is discontinued. M* says it's gone forever. I've googled the heck out of it and cannot find it. I want it. I realize I probably won't die if I do not find it, but you never know.

You also never know the depths to which you friends will go to help out, until they do.

It is from Laundry Basket Quilts by Moda. The line is Heart's content, this one is called First Kiss 42186-11. I will pay a billion dollars for 3 yards of it.

fk2.jpg

I am, of course, going to obsess over this, probably all day. I'm hoping for a miracle here! I want it for some broderie perse applique on a quilt border. I am sure I can find something similar (suggestions very much appreciated!), but I'm like a terrier on an ankle when I want something! thanks in advance!
    Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place
  • pcbatiks
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2012

Re: looking for a specific fabric

Hmmmm.....a billion dollars.........wish I had some! I could buy all kinds of quilting goodies with a billion........

Good luck on the search.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• klgls
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2013

You might try this place -

42186 11 - 752106134539
      ***Kathy***

Comment

• Marta
        The Guild President
        • Feb 2014

Have a look at. Sew Sweet Quilt Shop. I was just there and they have the line in several colors
        "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
        Hillary Clinton

Comment

• irishrn
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2010

image.jpg
          I found this. Fat quarter shop. Not quite the same.
          I'll keep looking
          sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

• pharris123
            The Guild President
            • Apr 2015

I KNEW YOU GUYS WOULD COME THROUGH! I googled and googled, I don't know how I didn't find it! Gonna buy some after payday on Monday. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

foo out of stock. If this yardage exists on God's green earth, it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine

Edit: I found it on blue background and a little darker tan background. Might just work! I hate it when I get in this sort of frenzy. I have a lot of nice fabric, though.
            Last edited by pharris123; July 31, 2015, 12:52 PM.

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Comment

• Panda
              Designer Diva
              • Apr 2012

I searched the online shops that I use and some of my local online shops that have a brick and mortar store. The "Old Country Store fabrics online" have some of the line, but not the one you are looking for. The same with Burkholders online. I live near Lancaster PA and there are several stores I can look for you. If I get to them this weekend I will check for you.

Kathy

Comment

• goofyizzy
                Missouri Star
                • May 2011

It's beautiful. I love this line. I checked two of my lqs which I thought might have some. Unfortunately, they do not have that print. Good luck.

Comment

• pharris123
                  The Guild President
                  • Apr 2015

YOU GUYS ROCK! It is so nice to find others who understand this obsession of 'just the perfect piece' Everyone else just tells me I need to get my head examined.

Comment

• jjkaiser
                    Missouri Star
                    • Oct 2013

Not much help but I might have two 5" squares from a charm pack in my stash. I do know I don't have yardage though. Sorry. Let me know if you want me to look.
                    Jocelyn
                    South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• pharris123
                      The Guild President
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                      Not much help but I might have two 5" squares from a charm pack in my stash. I do know I don't have yardage though. Sorry. Let me know if you want me to look.
                      You are so sweet. I appreciate it, but I need big hunks to cut out the whole big flower pieces to applique. I have found charm packs aplenty on the web, no yardage in that particular colorway, though.

this will surely get out of my system soon enough. OH LOOK! shiny object!..........................

Comment

• buckeyequilter
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by pharris123 View Post
                        You are so sweet. I appreciate it, but I need big hunks to cut out the whole big flower pieces to applique. I have found charm packs aplenty on the web, no yardage in that particular colorway, though.

this will surely get out of my system soon enough. OH LOOK! shiny object!..........................

Well I searched high & low and cannot find that yardage. I found 42186-12, 13, 14, 15....but not 11.
                        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• irishrn
                          Missouri Star
                          • Aug 2010

I contacted two of my LQS and looked on line and no one had it. Did anyontpe try eBay or etsy??
                          sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

• FabStripper
                            Missouri Star
                            • May 2014

I found some on eBay but don't know how to show you from my phone. The selling person is alaskaquiltingadventures and there's 21 units for sell by the half yd. I wish I could give you more help.

Comment

• jjkaiser
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2013

I checked etsy, amazon and a bunch of others places.This only seems to be available in charm packs no yardage.
                              Jocelyn
                              South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

Working...
                              X