Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 26 Jul 17th - 24th

I have not, but I recently took my young niece and nephew to a sewing machine store with me. They were fascinated by the long-arm machines. Who wouldn't be?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to the winners! I taught my little neighbour girl how to make a sausage pillowcase. She was 5 years old and loved to come over and just look and touch anything that had to do with sewing. So sad that they moved.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to the winners.I haven't had the pleasure of teaching anyone yet,since I didn't sew when my kids were young and don't have any grandchildren yet.
    Joan

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, my grand daughter, Brookie, just turned 4 this last week, for Christmas I gave her a sewing machine! She was so excited and so far we've quilted a heart shaped mini quïlt with some hand stitched embroidered flowers-she loved it!!i loved it even more.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

WTG winners!
    When my daughter was little I would make her some adorable dresses and she loved wearing them. So when she was interested in sewing I taught her the basics and how to read patterns , even bought her a machine to use. Now she is married and has children and I have not seen her make anything lately. I don't know maybe she thinks it is easier to buy clothes.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

No, I never have. There are no little ones in my life right now. Although, years ago before I learned to sew, I taught a friend's little girl how to make bread! That was so much fun and something I will never forget. Dang! Gotta go find a kid to teach!
    Ellen =^..^=

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I taught my son to sew when he was in 5th grade. He needed to make a pillow for one of his classes. He drafted out the pattern himself and cut all the pieces then sewed them together. All his friends thought I did it for him, but we know the truth! He did a great job, and still treasures that pillow...

Now my soon-to-be granddaughter (I already think of her as my DGD) helps me sew whenever we get together - last time she pushed the pedal while I guided the fabric through the machine...

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

My grown DGS called and asked if I had an embroidery machine. He wanted to make a pillow for a gift for his friend. I explained where to find designs on the Internet. He called again and asked to come sew with me. I was amazed. He came with his laptop, the downloaded design and his ideas. We went shopping for the fabric he wanted and spent the rest of the day stitching out his design and making the pillow. We had a wonderful time together and he was very pleased with the finished pillow. Such a good memory!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I only had sons who weren't all that interested in sewing, but now I have 8 grandaughters, 4 of whom live close enough to be able to teach on a fairly regular basis. The oldest really took to it, and at 14 was making pillows to sell. The others love to help grandma make dolls, bags, pillows, etc.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulation Winners!

I taught my both grandson and granddaughter some sewing while they made a baby quilt.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*