Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default NCW - help please

Hello everyone.... I've been offline for some months, trying to help my daughter set up and stock her booth with totes, wallets, purses and table runners... etc. I signed back in a few days ago and discovered the NCW for the first time. I loved the look of it and so I hurried off to the website to order my own pattern. After making so many wallets/crossbodys from ByAnnie's pattern, this NCW looks really difficult to me. Do you know if anyone has made a video tutorial for the NCW?

Thanks and it was lots of fun to look at all your pics

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NCW - help please

It isn't difficult. Just follow the pattern directions. Make the flap first, then the body, sew these two pieces together then the card slot section, then the zipper pocket. Then put these 3 sections all together. There is a FB page called NCW ADDICTS. Join that and there are lots of notes, pictures, tutorials, and hints. Or you can go to Emmaline blog and there are notes there that can help.

The biggest problem people seem to have is getting their sewing machines to sew through the multiple layers when sewing the parts together. The old reliable vintage sewing machines seem to have no problem with it!

No video tutorial of the entire process, it has been requested, but nothing available yet.

Good luck!

P.S. Try your first one without the contrast border on the flap, it is so much easier without messing with that part.
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; July 11th, 2015 at 10:56 PM.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Jean.... I'll definitely try your suggestion about not using a contrasting boarder the first time. Much appreciated..
    ~ Judy

When God adds a period, I'm trying very hard not to add a question mark!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What Jean said. It's not difficult at all.