Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accuquilt Go!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Accuquilt Go!

Does anyone have this? I also make cards and use my Big Shot all the time. I think this would give more options than just precuts. I am retiring this summer and am looking into making rag quilts for charity (children's wing of the hospital). Opinions please.
    Thanks again.

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Accuquilt Go!

Funny you should ask. I just watched a new Quiltinaday video yesterday and it was all about the new Accuquilt Go Big. Wow! The price tag on that thing is pretty steep, but I guess it's really great for folks who have trouble cutting. I finally found out why Eleanor Burns has trouble with her shoulder. She was on a set with Nancy Zieman and she fell. She tore her rotator cuff. She still does some cutting but that machine does the majority of it for her. For her, the thought of not being able to continue on with her work was quite devastating. She is so thankful for this machine that she has teamed up with Accuquilt. I've heard nothing but good things about these tools. It is a big investment. I would imagine it comes with some cutters but I think you would also need to factor in those as well when you're considering cost.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

3. Thanks Maureen Anne thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The gal at one of our local shops did a demo for me on this machine and it works really well. The biggest problem I could see (after the initial investment) is the cost of the other shapes. They are too pricy for my budget. The shop owner said it would be a great Xmas present, hint, hint. I said I didn't think I'd live long enough to repay that many Xmases. lol

good luck with whatever you decide. You need to consider how often you will be using it, but I was really impressed how easy it was to use.

5. Thanks Maureen Anne thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Your Sizzix also makes quilting dies, and with a shim, the Accuquilt dies will work. I have a Big Kick and use Sizzix dies.

Sizzix also has a large die cutter, and a couple of other models. Look on their web site. Sometimes they run specials.
    Sizzix.com - Die-Cutting and Embossing Tools for Today?s Crafter

I

7. Thanks Maureen Anne thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Accuquilt Go!. When I first started quilting 3 years ago, my husband surprised me with the Go! and the rag quilt die. At first, I loved it. Cutting for rag quilts can be timely and messy (wow, the thread mess!!). Add in cutting mistakes and the rag Go! die seems perfect. Until you look at the die after using it once. It gets jammed with those little threads. Pick all you want, you will NOT be able to get it all out. The resulting issue is bad cuts. Those thread jams will keep the Go cutter from slicing through 100% of the fabric. There will be places where you have to snip.

But if you are going to make a lot of rag quilts and don't mind the little extra cutting because of bad cuts, then I think the Accuquilt Go! is perfect for you. You may have to purchase a new rag die every once in a while.

I can make a cute pieced quilt much faster than a rag quilt now, so if I had to do it over again, I don't think I would buy the Go!. I hardly ever use it since I don't make rag quilts anymore. I use it for applique shapes and I think your Big Shot is better for that.

9. Thanks Maureen Anne thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Go Baby and that has worked well for what I have needed it for. I have only used it for appliqué shapes or a shape that is more difficult to cut like hexagons. For simple strips or squares I would just as soon use the rotary cutter and rulers. The cost of the actual dies are a little cost prohibitive as well so that is something to consider.

11. Thanks Maureen Anne thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingaway View Post
    I have the Go Baby and that has worked well for what I have needed it for. I have only used it for appliqué shapes or a shape that is more difficult to cut like hexagons. For simple strips or squares I would just as soon use the rotary cutter and rulers. The cost of the actual dies are a little cost prohibitive as well so that is something to consider.
    I also have the baby and use it often for applique projects. I agree, use the do not have any of the squares, strips or basic shapes, too easy to just cut them. May favorite and most used has to be the tumbler die, so quick and easy to put together a table runner or baby/lap quilt. I have taught several to quilt and we always start with a tumbler project. Dies are expensive so I like to share, either a friend sends the fabric and I cut or they just borrow the die.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

13. Thanks Maureen Anne thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Accuquilt Go!

I have Go Baby, love ,love ,love, her. I would like to have The Go, because I would like to have some of the larger dies Too.
    I dothe happy dance every time I use it Go Baby, Go Baby, Go (I sing.)

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

15. Thanks Maureen Anne thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Go and really like it. It saves lots of time cutting and everything is cut accurately. And the seams go together exactly. Unfortunately, you end up getting more and more dies because there's always another one you "need."

17. Thanks Maureen Anne thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the GO and lots of dies. I don't use it as often as I thought I would but that may be more because I haven't done any patterns specific to the dies. I believe in sharing the dies with friends etc. sometimes I cut fabric for the friends that live out of the area! But I'm not sorry I bought it!! I should inventory my dies as I have several big ones like the log cabin and alphabet and numbers. But many more are holiday related!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

19. Thanks Maureen Anne thanked for this post