• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kimsophia
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2014

Night Owls hoot

Hey, everybody awake now! Whatever the time, hootie hoo to you and how are ya'? I am pressing some fabric that I'm seam matching and sewing. I just sewed about 12 inches I'd pinned yesterday. Now I'm ready to tackle another foot...what's up in your tree? @,@
  • stationarymom
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2013

Re: Night Owls hoot

Hoot there really isn't much happening here,it's 12:50 am I can't sew at night because the machine bothers my husband.I don't know if anyone buys quilt kits but I was looking at ebay and someone has listed some pre cut quilt kit.The kits I saw for the most part were wall hangings 32x32 mostly Carpenters wheel pattern but there was also a radiant star.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2012

My dog won't let me give him a bath. I'm ready to take him outsde and hose him down. well when it;s sunny of course .
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

• sewlucky
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2013

I'm up still but thinking of my bed and book. I worked on a couple of the rows from my Row by Row Experience stash. I babe I think 12 rows so far. My mom called frustrated with one of the rows so I dug mine out and started working on it. What a nightmare!! I may actually re-do the whole row (buy fabric to do so) because it is a really cute row just a very poorly written pattern! She made it so much more complex than necessary - it's just four fish with half square triangle fins and tails, turned on point. I finished it but know it could be better!! Next I started a cute sailboat row. The sailboats are about as complex as the fish but NIGHT AND DAY difference in cutting and how it is all going together. Mom and I decided that at least we are learning a lot as we do these rows

Hubby had a good experience with his first Remicaid treatment fingers crossed it continues to be positive. He has the next treatment in two weeks.

We are trying to decide on a destination for our road trip in the last week of the month. It is an extreme year for forest fires in British Columbia to the west of us and the same in Saskatchewan to the east of us.

Terri

Comment

• bubba
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          My dog won't let me give him a bath. I'm ready to take him outsde and hose him down. well when it;s sunny of course .
          Good thing Yoda loves his baths. He'd hate to be hosed down outside! He makes lots of moaning sounds as I shampoo him. He even likes the hair dryer!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• kimsophia
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
            Hoot there really isn't much happening here,it's 12:50 am I can't sew at night because the machine bothers my husband.I don't know if anyone buys quilt kits but I was looking at ebay and someone has listed some pre cut quilt kit.The kits I saw for the most part were wall hangings 32x32 mostly Carpenters wheel pattern but there was also a radiant star.
            The precut kits that I'm interested in are applique, but I think those blocks you are mentioning are pieced...are they? This is the kit I'd like to do something similar to: GARDEN QUILT KIT- Product Details | Keepsake Quilting

Comment

• Hulamoon
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by bubba View Post
              Good thing Yoda loves his baths. He'd hate to be hosed down outside! He makes lots of moaning sounds as I shampoo him. He even likes the hair dryer!
              I'm thinking i will take him to the groomers and see what she does. It's probably one of those over head lease things's. She really nice so I think she will be okay with it. We just got a Petco! Boy this island is changing!
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

• stationarymom
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2013

Kim the kits are pieced,I partly mentioned them because there was someone on the forum a couple of days ago who has bad eye problems and said she can't cut anymore.I thought maybe if she reads the post like some of us she would see it.The Keepsake kit is pretty,I just got their catalog today.
                :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

• kimsophia
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2014

Oh, I just discovered that there are precut tumbler quilts.

Baby size:

Adult retro prints:

Tumbler Quilt with pre-cut pieces!

Comment

• bubba
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                    I'm thinking i will take him to the groomers and see what she does. It's probably one of those over head lease things's. She really nice so I think she will be okay with it. We just got a Petco! Boy this island is changing!
                    For one of our dogs that liked to jump out of the tub, I had a suction cup that had a loop on it that went around the neck to keep him from running off. I think it came from Petco. I don't have to use it with Yoda. From before we got him at seven weeks old, he had been groomed by the breeders. He just loves to be groomed!
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Andrea F
                      Missouri Star
                      • Apr 2013

Good morning, quickly popping in, I'm kind of late today. Fell asleep at 7 pm yesterday, woke up late in the evening and couldn't really go back to sleep a few hours later. I hate these days/nights. Off to work in a bit, see you after work.

Comment

• SewnByBee
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jun 2015

yep, cant sleep here. Hope you have a good day.

....Bee
                        The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                        ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

• kimsophia
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2014

I'm at work pinning the last 31 inches. It's painstaking work. The fabric is difficult to maneuver just from the bulk, despite being starched and ironed. I'm not going to sew until tomorrow. It's too aggravating and tiring. Ack. Why can't I just be happy with a plain back...so persnickety...

Comment

• SewnByBee
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jun 2015

These are cool applicqae pattern links that was put on here .
                            I may take a early start and work a bit on my Shabby Chic quilt.
                            The little hexi flowers has my hands a bit sore, but I can't leave them alone. lol.

....Bee
                            The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                            ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

• Lightwriter
                              Missouri Star
                              • Sep 2013

We have an enclosed shower with a removable shower head...I put our dogs in there where they can't get out and give them a bath that way. One dog hates water, but if I put the water on low flow and make it barely warm he will tolerate it. I cannot imagine the younger dog at a groomer...she would probably have a heart attack...she is terrified of new situations(she is a doggie we rescued from a bad siruation. I laughingly say she has PTSD along with being bipolar.)

Got to sew some yesterday. Started a zipper quilt top. It's going fairly fast so far. I need a couple of tops for a charity project for our local quild, then back to quilting a couple of UFOs. Wish I could afford to have them all done by LAQ...I like to piece better than I like to quilt. Much kinder to my shoulders. Taking it slow is the only way I can go.
                              Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

Working...
                              X