Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Work In Progress 7/7/15

Oh Amy. I personally know what you are going through. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
    It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb

There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Ladies, I just wanted you to know that I am still alive and kicking for all I am worth. Life always seems to kick ya so you have to just kick back an keep on going. I don't need to go into details because we all know what it is like. I haven't had a chance to read the goings on with you girls but I should be around again. I have to say I haven't even got to do much sewing with everything.

Amy prayers for you girl! Happy birthday to the little ones. Love the two quilts posted! I look forward to the day that I can post something that I have completed.

Hugs to all!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, yesterday Carrie J was harassing me about goofing off...........you know how she is.

Soooo.... I thought I would show you a picture of the back of the zombie quilt. Just bought the polka dot yesterday because I needed a little more fabric for the back to be big enough. I used zombie scrap pieces ....and other scraps & fabrics that I had in my stash. There is about 84 assorted pieces on the back........what was I thinking! But......hey I used up lots of fabric! I hope to get the quilt sandwiched this evening.....unless I talk my hubby into going out for pizza.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1012199.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	113501
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

oh wow 84 pieces?! I really like that zombie backing!!!
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amy, you are in my thoughts and prayers for a great outcome. Hugs to ya Lady!
    Leah, give Kiddo a big smooch for me, (ewwww girl cooties, lol!) and a very Happy Birthday too! The wish for happy stitches worked, thanks!
    Mare, love the tumbler and the fabric/colors, so soft and summery looking!
    Shirley, used to love "white elephant" auctions, lotsa fun. Can't wait to see that quilt you're working on, and interesting to know sometimes a pattern is better pieced in vertical rows. Sorry about being back to work though and lack of naps. , bummer!
    ClaireH, that turned out really cute! And perfect cover for those ugle boxes, geesh!
    Alta, so sorry about the heat, are we close to wishing for cooler weather yet? LOL!
    Awww Carah, you're never far from our thoughts and Hugs GF. We've missed you! Big Hugs right backatchya!
    Pam, whoa..........I was harrassing you? Bwahahahaha!! Think it was a mutual "harass" binge! Hey, that polka dot works like a champ there GF! You was thinking, pfffft, this'll be a cinch, LOL famous last words, ya know?

Ok, so for the past couple of days, the coral fabric has eaten my lunch............had to scratch a matching gumdrop yellow (WOW, learned something about yellows they OVERTAKE EVERYTHING!) So did a reboot this morning after chores and such, here's the end result. Again (Shirley, I did change the settings on my camera, but dang it's still coming out orange-LOL, need a "Cameras for Dummies" book!) it looks orange and modified the original pattern somewhat. This will be the next top, 3 across x 4 down. Some sashing, and I'll look for backing that has some yellow in it. Hubs said to call it "Tequila Sunset", works for me! It's been a great day at the machine, got the first row of blocks done, and will tackle it again come Sunday!

Name:	Tequila Sunset 7 2015.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	113508
    Last edited by Carrie J; July 7th, 2015 at 08:02 PM.
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So wonder you were so overtaken by this project Carrie it's gorgeous!! Wish cameras did colors justice this is so pretty even looking more orange than coral.

Carah, we do miss you lady. Hope you can return to sewing soon!
    Quilter since 2013.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

My mom sent me a pic of the quilt I made her on her bed. I was afraid it was too small, but it may be too big, lol!

Name:	20150707_164406.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	113509
    It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb

There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Awww April it looks beautiful in its new home. Bigger always better with quilts!!!
    Quilter since 2013.

9. Thanks April R thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!! Wishing you well Amy, will keep you in my prayers.

I'm going to get the binding on my tree skirt tonight and I hope to sew my daughter's vest tomorrow. It really seems like a quick project when I read the directions, but that can be deceptive! LOL! If hers goes together well then I can try it on my son to decide on sizing for him... I mostly want to make his, but have no wiggle room for it coming out small on him.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amy- sending positive thoughts for a good result!
    Marebear- love the tumbler, perfect summer colors
    Clair- very nice wall hanging!
    Sonic- birthday wishes for your son!
    no sewing this week it's my 50th class reunion (yup, I'm getting old!) and I'm on the committee and treasurer of the funds. It's this Saturday with the events leading up to it starting tomorrow with an alumni luncheon, Friday morning a school tour, Friday afternoon a trolley tour through town to see all the changes that have been made since some classmates have not been back in a very long time, Friday night a meet & greet for drinks, Saturday the dinner dance, and ending Sunday morning with a send off breakfast! Next week back to the tumbler.
    Last edited by Cathy F; July 7th, 2015 at 08:51 PM.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards