Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Probably the WORST DAY OF MY LIFE

My ex-wife and and I have been divorced for five years. We were still very good friends, in fact we made a trip to Hamilton to pick out material for a new Christmas quilt for her just a week ago. We played cards on Friday and had lunch.

I couldn't reach her by phone today and so I finally went over to check on her. I had to use my key and I found her passed away. I called 911 and told them what I had found. The police arrived first, then the fire department. They cancelled the ambulance.

I called and was unable to reach two of her three daughters. I finally reached her youngest and she came right away. The daughter that came hasn't spoken to me since her mom and I separated. She was really nice and hugged me and thanked me for calling her. We got a hold of the middle daughter (she lives in Anchorage, AK) and she will be in Kansas City tomorrow at 8:30 am and then drive down. The oldest lives in SW Missouri and will be here in the morning. I figured that the daughters would not include me, but so far they have included me and want me to go to the funeral home with them tomorrow. Please think positive thoughts that we make it through the next few days with peace and harmony.

I just can't believe she is gone. She was therapist/counselor and just retired at the end of May. We were just planning a trip to the Pacific Northwest and San Francisco.

Just so you know when a person dies and not in a hospital, the police investigate as though it is a homicide. Being the ex-husband they asked me a lot of questions. They talked with her doctor and decided it was heart/diabetes related and have ruled it natural causes.

You never know how much time we have on this earth. She was a wonderful person and I'm not sure I would have made it through the last 30 months since my heart attack and still fighting for my disability.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	113477

This is Darlene, her middle daughter Darla and me in Orlando Florida a year ago.
    Last edited by BobW; July 6th, 2015 at 11:50 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Probably the WORST DAY OF MY LIFE

Bob, I'm so sorry my thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. God Bless
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You have my deepest sympathy, Bob. This was a huge shock for you. It's wonderful you and she remained friends, that's often not possible. I will remember you and her daughters in prayer.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, my deepest sympathies and condolences go out to you and the family.
    I'm sure the shock alone hasn't even begun to wear off yet. I'm so sorry.
    I will be praying for you for strength, fortitude, and peace in the days ahead.

[[[[[ HUGS ]]]]]]
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this Bob. I know that you and she were still very good friends. Thoughts and prayers going out to you and her daughters.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, I am so very, very sorry to read this. My sincerest thoughts and prayers are with you and the Family. May God comfort and guide you all.
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you go through the next few days and beyond.

Kathy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, I can't imagine how you must be feeling, to lose someone who means so much to you. Big hugs and prayers fir you and all who loved Darlene

Terri

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You have my deepest sympathy, and I am so glad you are being included in the family by her girls. The death of a loved one can bring out the worst in people, but it can bring out the best, too.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this Bob. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Take it one day at a time. The shock must be horrible. So glad they are including as should be.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud