Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27b17bb02e1e4ecfa036ef1dea9f9c58.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	113843

Hello Folksies!
    Another week to try to get things right all over again. I woke up with thunder cracking and haven't had enough coffee yet to open the door and peek outside. This morning is supposed to be weed pulling time at Mom's. We like to get there before the sun is fully up for obvious reasons of heat and bugs. After last weeks adventure in the bug biting dept my man is not letting me out of his sight when I go outside. He has given Sis strict order as well. Heckfire shoot! she's the one who needs an epi pen. Mine was a freak thing. I told sis the flying bomber was looking for her and since we favor as only a sister can, decided I was good enough to pass the word around that the flying, crawling, biting masses were looking for her.

Thanks to all who have been responding to the call to show our May she is missed and loved.

Make today unique in some way. Smile a lot and forgive just as much. Prayers for all who need them.

Name:	11707633_10154076561878289_2588673506146199041_n.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	113844

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday

Good Morning all

It was a busy weekend for me. Did a little Row by Row shop hop with DD3 on Friday. Picked up lots of neat stuff. Ended the day at M*. We didn't know they stayed open till 8pm now so we had lots of time to shop. DD3 picked out a jelly roll and coordinating fabric for a Jell Roll Race 2 quilt. She was very excited and already has the top done except for the last side of the outer border. She's definitely much faster than me.

The rest of my weekend was spent moving furniture for painting two rooms. We have them prepped and ready for my SIL to paint today. I feel like I need to go to work to rest from my weekend!

Blondie, take care today and don't get bitten again! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin'
    Blondie - you be keerful pullin' dem weeds

This weekend turned out to be a wonderful one. My sis in law unexpectedly offered to take my FIL from Friday night til last night (I know you've been praying Blondie, keep em comin')... My daughter went to Rochester, NY and Niagara Falls on Saturday, my older DD is never around with her busy self, soooo...
    Hubby and I took Saturday and drove to Howe's Cavern in upstate NY. (a bit over 2 hours drive) We had been talking about going there and we finally got to do it! It was amazing! The views on the property are beautiful, and the cavern is very cool. Mostly though, having an entire day to meander with no schedule or responsibilities was divine. (Older DD checked in on our dog so we didn't have to rush back) Felt like a vacation, it was so nice!
    I hope everyone has a great day - not sure what today holds for me

Name:	20150711_165922_resized.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	113845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150711_165418_resized.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	113846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150711_155645_resized.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	113847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150711_155508_resized.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	113848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150711_153436_resized.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	113849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150711_153419_resized.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	113850
    Last edited by songbird857; July 13th, 2015 at 08:22 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. This weekend was very nice. Busy on Saturday and then yesterday a relaxing day at the beach and then home to have a relaxing evening here too. I did get into my sewing room last night for a while. DH goes to bed early on Sunday nights because he has a real early schedule on Monday morning so I headed into my cave and finished a memory pillow for a friend of a co-worker who lost her dad unexpectedly.

Songbird, so glad you had some time for you and hubby. Caregivers need that break so much to revive themselves. Are there any agencies in your area that may be able to provide occasional respite care?

So back to work we go today. Blondie, be careful in the great outdoors. Have a great Monday.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all!! We woke up to loud thunder and lightning too! Rain is heavy at the moment. We need it, but poor Casey is having a meltdown even in his thunder shirt!!
    Finally finished painting the ceiling ( would have been done sooner if DH didn't take a nap on the couch)
    Started prepping the walls for painting. This part should go easier! But in the meantime the house looks like a bomb hit it!
    This has been going on and off since February as I have moved from room to room! It's getting old!!!

Hope our rain means that some of you are sunny and dry today! We all need that sun!!!
    Hugs to all who need them!!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, BWAHAHAHAHA on the Lil Wayne thang.......iPad got doused! Thanks EVER so much!!!! . Too bad ornery don't keep the bad bugs away, LOL!
    Norma, wow, in reading your post brought back tons of memories in Upstate! Glad y'all had some breathing room and time to just enjoy! WooHoo!
    Eileen, you sure DH wouldn't have looked good in the chosen wall color?!?! Just sayin......., so very tempting ya know? Hope it ends soon for you!
    Ginny, any sew time is great time, hope you have a great week.

As you can see, I'm blowing time on the Forum, but have a hair appt coming up, so I have an excuse today, LOL! Some sewing on the schedule, not much tho, as Wednesday am headed out for a small trip. Afraid actually to get too involved in a sewing project at this point,ya kow? Hope everyone has a great week!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all. Blondie you be careful,
    My sisters an I are in Vegas for our annual sisters weekend. We don't gamble, guess it was growing up for several years in
    Nevada. There is a reason there is no state income tax here lol. Anyway we come to shop the one quilt shop we like and other shopping and just to get away for a couple of days and enjoy each other.
    Started and almost finished quilting illusion quilt. Boohoo last bobbin change knocked a thread out of slot and tenion out of wack so am unpacking that quilting takes longer to unpack then quilt. Hope all have greAt day. Cecelia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I need everyone's prayers this week. The Lord knows what for. Just mention Allie. Thanks.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! We are very hot today. Already have heat warnings out - they say it feels like 108F at 10:30 this morning. Last week the children needed jeans and sweatshirts at camp and this week it is burning hot.

The painting on the house is all finished. Now just to get everything put back together.

Blondie, be careful with all those bugs.

Songbird, it looks like a very relaxing place.

Eileen, understand your painting pain - I hope that you are almost done.

Cecelia, enjoy your sister time.

Have a great Monday everyone

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh HAPPY DAY!
    The son is married and on his honeymoon with our sweet new daughter-in-law. My in-laws packed up and headed home this morning. The sun is hiding behind clouds today and we might get more sprinkles of rain.

It ALL good in my neighborhood. I'm even going out to muck the barn with a smile.

I hope you can find something to smile about today too!
    Hugs, C
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com