Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Congrats to the happy couple!

I am almost finished with this wedding quilt. Just waiting for the bride's mom to get back to me with some info. for the label. This took me some time to make since the sashing and borders were pieced. I found a picture on "images" of a Bear Paw quilt that I really like made from batiks. I copied it and made this one out of colors that will go in the bride and groom's home. Her mom sent me a photo of a rug in their house with a black background and florals in the colors you see in this quilt. It's a fairly large quilt for me since I usually make lap and smaller. I think this will fit nicely on a twin bed. I quilted it in-the-hoop and managed just fine. I backed it with a black and white gingham. I really enjoyed using up scraps and stash to make this. I do have to say, though, that working with scraps really adds a lot of time to the process. I think it's worth it though since I'm extremely pleased with this quilt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6993.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	113419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6992.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	113418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6991.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	113417  
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

2. Thanks auntynell, cv quilter thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Congrats to the happy couple!

It is very pretty. Nice work Rebecca.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhh Rebecca, I love love love this! It's stunning! Do you mind if I save your pictures for future reference for myself? I'd love to make a quilt like yours some day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I don't mind, Andrea! I'm flattered that you like it. The units to make it were fairly easy so I didn't have much difficulty copying the image I found online. It's also really gorgeous in batiks.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
    Of course I don't mind, Andrea! I'm flattered that you like it. The units to make it were fairly easy so I didn't have much difficulty copying the image I found online. It's also really gorgeous in batiks.
    Thank you, Rebecca! I thought batiks, too, and I just love to combine colors with black. I really love all the colors you chose and the pieced sashing and borders are just fantastic.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I also wanted to mention that I was a bit concerned if that pieced border was going to be wavy when I completed the quilt. When I applied the binding I held it really taut and let the quilt border feed through on it's own with no tension on it. It worked out really well and no wavy borders. I think pulling the binding nice and taut as I attached it to the quilt is a technique I need to remember for the future.

Here's another Bear Paw that I thought was really pretty. http://www.gladcreationsquilts.com/s...-sku-GC165.htm
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; July 6th, 2015 at 06:22 AM.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Love this quilt, I see all those little pieces and admire your patience and the time took!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love Love Love this quilt. Sooo many pieces!! YOu have done a wonderful job. They will love it!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is beautiful. I'm not usually into traditional designs but this really is stunning. Your points are perfect. I would also like to save this as an inspiration. What does "in the hoop" mean? Does it mean it was quilted by hand?
    Hugs,
    Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
    Happiness = fabric!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
    I also wanted to mention that I was a bit concerned if that pieced border was going to be wavy when I completed the quilt. When I applied the binding I held it really taut and let the quilt border feed through on it's own with no tension on it. It worked out really well and no wavy borders. I think pulling the binding nice and taut as I attached it to the quilt is a technique I need to remember for the future.

Here's another Bear Paw that I thought was really pretty. Bear Tracks
    I'll try to remember that with the next binding. I tend to lay the binding on top of the quilt more loosely and it does get a bit wavy sometimes. I'm still a newbie in quilting and I'm mostly just happy I finished. Lately, I want them to be better than just finished, so your advice is very much appreciated!
    The other bear paw is also pretty but can't reach my excitement for yours. I like that pattern too but I don't care for those dark colors so much. (says the girl that loves anything black...)