Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: WW recipes

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default WW recipes

ok.. so I am starting Weight watchers and I need some good recipes. I have to cook for not only myself but also husband and kids. I am excited to start us all on healthier eating habits. I am reaching out to all of you to help me find some good recipes.. PLEASE share, so that we can all enjoy them!!

THANKS!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WW recipes

I will have to dig through some of my recipes.....I love weight watchers and could use some healthier recipes too!!

The one I can think of off the top of my head is to buy chocolate graham crackers (yes, they make those...MMMM) and lowfat or fat free(?) cool whip. Basically, you spread a thick layer of cool whip between two crackers (chocolate) make a sandwich. Then freeze. Seriously, a great treat for only 1-2 points. and It tastes GOOD!!

I will try to find some more recipes. Obviously, I am all about the desserts......must be why I need to go back to WW!

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

that sounds yummy, thanks!!!

Do you remember how many points they are??

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I go to WW too and have a ton of good recipes. I will post some as soon as I can! Can't wait to see some other ones on here too.
    patticakes

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patticakes View Post
    I go to WW too and have a ton of good recipes. I will post some as soon as I can! Can't wait to see some other ones on here too.
    patticakes
    I CAN NOT wait to see and try some of them, thanks patticakes!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WW recipes finally!

Sorry to take so long but here are a few of the WW recipes that I live on:

PUMKIN MUFFINS- 2 pts each
    1 box of carrot or spice cake mix
    1 15 oz. can of pumkin
    1/4 cup water (if needed)

Mix and pour into sprayed muffin pan into 16 servings. (I use two 12 count muffin tins and fill the empty muffins areas with a little water.) Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.
    Got this from my WW leader. I bake them, wrap individually and freeze so I can just grab and nuke when needed. Good when I am craving dessert, I warm one and put alittle Cool Whip Free or frozen yogurt on it. Just have to add the points for how much you put on.

STEEL CUT OATS - 2 pts (overnight recipe) 2.5 with the fruit.

4 cups water
    1 cup steel cut oats

In large saucepan heat water until boiling, turn off heat and add the oats. Cover and let set overnight. (I leave mine right on the stove, but be careful, I keep an eye on it so it does not boil over from the residual heat)
    In the morning I divide into 4 serving and keep them in the fridge. When I get up in the am I grab one, sprinkle cinnamon, splenda and 1/4 cup of blueberries on it. Or I add a 1/2 cup of sugar free applesauce instead of the blueberries. Heat in the microwave til warm!

ENGLISH MUFFIN BREAKFAST - 2.5 pts each

4 Thomas Light English Muffins (with 8 grams fiber each)
    4 eggs
    2 slices WW cheese

Cook eggs in Pam until done to your preference. Toast english muffins, top with 1/2 slice cheese, top with cooked egg. Wrap in foil. Microwave for 30 seconds or so when ready to eat.

I cook these 4 at a time and have them ready in the frig to grab and nuke at work. I have a long commute and if I eat breakfast before I leave by the time I get into the city I am starving again. So I eat something light, usually fruit, at home and warm this up at work once I get there.

I know these are pretty basic but they are the breakfast meals that I rotate around so I don't get too bored. Dr. Oz says that eating pretty much the same healthy foods for breakfast will help you lose weight and keep it off! I will post some of my favorite lunch and dinner recipes when I get back from vacation.

Take care - patti

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

hannahnkeegensmom have you looked online to see if WW America has a website. WW Australiahas one and its got loads of reicpes and there is a forum as well where you can ask questions and people will help you...... her eis Australia website l hope you cna acess it. OK l did a search and found the American website as well. I hope this helps l've lost 30 kilos or 66lbs doing WW.

WW..Australia

http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/Index.aspx

American website

http://www.weightwatchers.com/Index.aspx

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

This is WW Australia. There are great recipes, hope that helps. Im starting next week as well. So will tell you how im going........ Im determent to be a thinner for the summer.

http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/food/index.aspx
    Maggie
    Quilting with a friend will keep you in stitches.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Pattie thanks for the recipes! Send more when you can I'll be looking for them! I love oatmeal and the graham ckers seem easey and good and so does the pumpkin muffins. Wonder if you could use apple or anything else besides pumpkin?
    Thanks Hannah's mom for asking!
    Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sewhot View Post
    I will have to dig through some of my recipes.....I love weight watchers and could use some healthier recipes too!!

The one I can think of off the top of my head is to buy chocolate graham crackers (yes, they make those...MMMM) and lowfat or fat free(?) cool whip. Basically, you spread a thick layer of cool whip between two crackers (chocolate) make a sandwich. Then freeze. Seriously, a great treat for only 1-2 points. and It tastes GOOD!!

I will try to find some more recipes. Obviously, I am all about the desserts......must be why I need to go back to WW!
    those are so good. and they taste like an ice creanmsandwich!!!.