Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Work In Progress 6/30/15 July tomorrow, where did June go??

My crumb block quilt is growing!!!
    I am arranging the 6 inch blocks in groups of 16 then plan on putting 3" wide sashing around each group in purple since that is the color my daughter requested. I haven't worked out how many blocks I need for a full sized quilt, and I may have to increase or decrease my sashing width to get it to the right size but I think I have a good start

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-04 14.56.20.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	113337
    It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb

There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by April R View Post
    My crumb block quilt is growing!!!
    I am arranging the 6 inch blocks in groups of 16 then plan on putting 3" wide sashing around each group in purple since that is the color my daughter requested. I haven't worked out how many blocks I need for a full sized quilt, and I may have to increase or decrease my sashing width to get it to the right size but I think I have a good start

Name:	2015-07-04 14.56.20.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	113337
    That is so cool!
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

3. Thanks April R thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work, April and Sonic!

Angelia, just the thought of all that pin basting is making my fingers ache. You're a brave one.

5. Thanks April R thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Next time I say that I plan to piece a quilt back from a bunch of scraps...............someone just slap me!

The zombies are mocking me........with their vacant stares!

It takes longer when using all different sizes pieces........but I'm getting close to finishing the back.....and yes......I goof off way too much in between. I won't have to buy much to finish the back.....yay!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

7. Thanks April R thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Lol pcbatiks
    It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb

There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My fingers were sore from the pin basting, but I jumped right into the hand quilting, so now........*whimper*

I'll do something else tomorrow to let them recover--maybe some string blocks--Yay! Playtime!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

April R that is SO gorgeous!

I wonder if I'll be able to finish the Kindle cover for my sister between today and tomorrow. We want to give her the Kindle tomorrow night! What is making me worry btw is my handquilting time... here it is SO HOT I really can't stand the fact to handquilt with all the warmth that comes from the quilt. How am I gonna do it?!?!?
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

11. Thanks April R thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for the positive comments on the berry top. I'm very pleased with it and thank you Shirley for your feedback. Working with the solids pushed me outside of my comfort zone and I felt like I needed to find a pattern that complemented those.

No more sewing since completing the top, but more jam and hay making.
    I'm moving a little slow this morning... not so much because I celebrated big last night, but because all my neighbors did with all kinds of huge illegal fireworks. Which in and of themselves don't personally bother me....but they freak out the animals so July 4th is always a long night for me. The neighbors kept me up trying to keep everyone calm until about 2AM this morning.
    Not enough coffee in the pot this morning, that's for sure.
    So, because I feel like I was hit by a mack truck, on tap today is just more jam making. Picked more berries this morning and they are simmering now. I've made about 20 pints thus far, will probably get another 20 done today.

Fran, so long as the berries stay plentiful I will have enough to share a few jars. And my hats off to you, Amy, and Angelia. I won't even attempt to hand quilt. No way! Nuh uh!
    And you asked how I do so much?
    Coffee.....Lots of coffee!!
    Lisa, pressure washing? Oh how fun...lol!
    Carrie, I ony beat Mother Nature for this week. Next is another story! She is relentless. And after last night, I'll be doing my best to try and get a nap in today myself. Doubt it will happen, but here's to trying.
    Sylvia, I too know what you mean about a quilt talking to you. A few of mine have... I'll sometimes lay a top out and stare at them, let them hand around for a while and/or otherwise wait for them to whisper how I should quilt them. Several have but most have not. It sounds like yours has spoken quite clearly to you.
    Yay for new rulers Amy. And oh do I remember the goodbye binky stage. Kiddo was going through a stage of wanting to give away his baby toys to other kids, so I took advantage of the stage to convince him there was a special baby out there that really needed the binky way more than he did. This took the pressure off of him to become a big boy and worked like a charm.
    Nice crumb top April.

**stumbles off to refill extra large coffee cup...**
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is the quilt I'm hand quilting. My daughter got it for me at a flea market, and I'd welcome any insight on when you believe it might have been made--I'm not great at dating fabrics! It is all hand-pieced with mostly cottons (I think a few may be blends, and I'm suspecting that a few may be silk.).

Name:	DSCN0866.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	113387

Because the fabrics are old and delicate, I chose a very stable, low-loft cotton batting.

Name:	DSCN0870.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	113388

Instead of the muslin that the original maker would likely have used, I chose a floral print--I like pretty backs!

Name:	DSCN0871.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	113389

I'm pin basting rather than glue basting this one. Three hundred pins later (I bought a new box and used them all, so that's why I know how many there are! ), it's ready to quilt.

Name:	DSCN0874.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	113390

I've been working on it, and other than sore fingers, I haven't run into any problems. The seams have held up remarkably well, so very few repairs have been required. This will be a long-term project, but it is a nice change of pace.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, pretty, [B]Angelia[B]. And Sonic, I hear you about the illegal fireworks. Around here, they start about a week before the fourth & continue for about a week after.

And everyone else, I'm reading your news with pleasure.