Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default PHEW! Grandkids are a WORKOUT! I'm still here, just not as much....

Checking in. Haven't hit the sewing room in months.
    Busy, at times with "Mom, can I drop off Kieran(2 years old) for my doctor appointment?". "Mom, can you watch the girls (3 year old and 18 month-old) for a couple of hours?".
    Sure, no problem!
    My problem? My Janome is going to freeze up, because I have this idea in my head that I need HOURS to commit to a project, so I get nothing done. Anybody else feel this way?
    I have a boat load of fabric, and maybe 6 UFO's. (Okay, maybe 10)
    SIGH....Another SIGH....
    I really need to get off the exclamation point.
    It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

2. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PHEW! Grandkids are a WORKOUT! I'm still here, just not as much....

Missed you! But grandkids are only babies for a short time! Enjoy them!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The sewing machine will wait for you, but babies grow so fast! Enjoy the snuggles while you can.

If you can leave a project out, I find I can get a lot done by doing 10 minutes or so at a time, even on nights I don't think I have time. I don't always make it in there, but it keeps my head in the game, if you know what I mean. Even just cleaning up for a minute to be ready to sew the next time helps out.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So... That's where you've been!

I totally get it... My five grandsons are getting older now....the youngest us nine (4 are my DD's, snd has one), but I remember when they were all small.... They wore me out...but to tell the truth, I miss those baby days... My. Sister, who is 12 years my junior, still has babies to cuddle... They grow up way too fast.... My d on's boy, Rysn, just turned TWENTY. How did that happen?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I feel that way. I haven't touched my machine in about 6 weeks. UGH! I am very busy with the grandchildren. Before school was out there was prom, graduations and end of year parties and now I have been watching my 6 year old grandson for 12 hours a day. He started a summer program today so I get a 6 hour break, thank goodness. I hope to get back into my sewing room real soon.

Kathy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with you. By the time we got to the lake on Friday, Tiffany was already there with two of her girls and we had the third one with us. That Alex is such a drama queen! By the time they left yesterday (we stayed till today), we both let loose with a HUGE sigh of relief! This was after a warning from MM the night before to not ask one more time if they were staying till Monday! Thank goodness it was only in the 60's Sunday and thundering and starting to sprinkle because that was all it took to get them to leave!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My grands are in MA. I haven't seen them since last September. That was when things started to get worrisome for DH and now I know he can't be left home alone. So getting up to MA will have to wait.
    Time spent with them is so much fun. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy them!!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Lisa. Just keep it set up and grab a few minutes here and there. You'd be amazed at what you can accomplish over time. It is so true that they grow up really fast. Enjoy this time and don't worry too much about the sewing.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Spend every possible minute with your grandbabies. Sewing will always be waiting for you. Good to hear from you, Sue!