Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thought on Babylock aria

The touch screen on my Aria is so sensitive that if my hand or arm brushes it, stuff changes...stitch width, needle shifts...I'm on my third needle in a week...the first one broke and just missed my eye! Do any of you know how to turn the sensitivity down?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Baby Lock Aria and I love it. It does everything and more that I need. The only thing it doesn't have that the Crescendo does is the laser.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

MSQC is now a dealer of BabyLocks. They carry only quilting.machines, not the high end embroidery machines.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyna View Post
    The touch screen on my Aria is so sensitive that if my hand or arm brushes it, stuff changes...stitch width, needle shifts...I'm on my third needle in a week...the first one broke and just missed my eye! Do any of you know how to turn the sensitivity down?
    Hi Tyna,
    I don't have that particular machine but have Brothers which are made by the same company. Check your manual to see if your machine has a lock function for the screen you are on and it stops that from happening. My machine has it and I'm thinking yours may as well. Hope that helps.
    Janice

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adeline View Post
    Hi all, I am thinking of the Babylock Aria. Does anyone have thoughts on this machine or on Babylock at all? I am not hearing good things. I was in a dealer store and test drove an Aria, I loved it! Very smooth and quiet. But I do not hear good things about the company or the product. If anyone owns a Babylock, can you give some feed back??

Thank you
    Hello, I can't think of a better machine to sew and quilt on then a Babyloc Symphony and Aria; I traded in my Symphony for an Aria and its a great machine; so user friendly and I love the machine for that reason and all the other great features it offers. Both machines are excellent. I wanted a little more throat - space then the symphony. I bought the Aria in June of 2015 in Great Falls, Mt. Received great support from the store. I also have an Imagine serger by Babyloc and its also one of the best you can have. I have looked at other machines in the past and I prefer the Babyloc. I encourage anyone to go test drive one. Jeanne

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I have had my Babylock Crescendo for 6 months and I adore this machine. Previously I had a Bernina 640. I did not like it at all. The feet and accessories for Bernina are three times as expensive as those for Babylock. I also have a Babylock Imagine serger that I love. I think if a person will take the time to make up some quilt blocks and quilt sandwiches to take with them before they look at machines and then compare the different machines using their fabric from home they will be able to decide which machine they like the best.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have been a Babylock convert for several years now. I purchased the Babylock Elegante II emb/sewing machine and loved it. Eventually traded it for BL Elissimo Gold and love, love it! It has a bigger throat so that I can use it to try to master my FMQ. I then got the Babylock Enlighten Serger (only a 4 thread but it suits anything I want to do) and then traded my Bernina Quilters Edition 130 for a Babylock Elizabeth. If I am using the Elissimo to embroider something, I can use the Elizabeth to do quilt piecing, etc. I'm constantly amazed at what great machines these are.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you know you're supposed to oil your serger? Yikes. I haven't used mine in quite some time since I'm doing nothing but quilts. I need to make sure to oil it when I do decide to use it. Actually I should probably pull it out and oil it, then do a test run to make sure it's still working.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca, your post got me looking. I hadn't oiled it but thought when I bought it I was told not to, so looked in my owners manual and, indeed, this machine does not need to be oiled. Says the moving parts are well protected so no need to oil. Whew!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

ceiliam, what babylock mid arm do you have?