Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Quilting Guy here

Quote Originally Posted by jbrewer View Post
    My wife is indeed an interesting character-aren't we all? Her favorite holiday is Halloween. Every year she sets out pictures of her parents, our first dog Sophie, a few related items, and sometimes other things friends or coworkers ask her to. Day of the dead is also kinda fun in a weird way--the decorations that is.
    She's also beautiful.
    I was a baker/pastry cook and did wedding cakes at home. I had a couple married on Halloween and wanted a black cake. Umm that's a super hard color. I could do it but it was out of price range so we used black ribbon. I could kick myself for not taking a picture. I alway's got invited at these, so it was a fun one.

And she wore a black dress!

Lorie

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Wyoming!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You've been welcomed from CT and MA. Let's slip the smallest state in the union in between them. Hello from RI! What got you interested in quilting?
    Hugs,
    Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
    Happiness = fabric!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Not really sure what got me interested. I am a creative guy at times. I am probably like most people in that I have a lot of creative thoughts but they are easily doable. I like to wood work but tools (good ones) are so expensive and many, and wood can get pretty pricey. With wood, you often have to work around imperfections, color/shade variations, sizes, availabilities, etc.

I came across the fabric for my wife and knew I wanted to do something with it. A quilt! I have the sewing machine and know how to use it-beginner level. A person can only make so many pillow cases. I have ideas from quilting such as potholders, placemats, bags, etc.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there, from Alabama Roll Tide,
    Nive to have you come and join us.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee