Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moda precut help

Can someone please help me figure out how to match the colors on the prints to a solid? This is hard to describe, sorry. I recently bought a Hullabaloo charm pack and assumed that the background color was a standard white so I bought my sashing in just standard white. When I got the fabric in the mail and started piecing my quilt together I noticed the white in Hullabaloo was not at all the same white in the sashing. I do not have a quilt shop here so I buy online. I have other precuts that I would like to use a white sashing with, but I know it is a cream or ivory. How do I know which one and how to find a good match? I guess the same would be if I was to use a color as well instead of white. Please help!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Moda precut help

If you're buying your fabric from MSQC, you can e-mail or can and ask the girls to match the white/cream background of the Hullabaloo charm pack.

I've also done that with other on-line quilt store, customer service will normally help you with matching.

Good luck, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Ruby, give the gals a call and see if they can help you! Good luck!
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubydee View Post
    Can someone please help me figure out how to match the colors on the prints to a solid? This is hard to describe, sorry. I recently bought a Hullabaloo charm pack and assumed that the background color was a standard white so I bought my sashing in just standard white. When I got the fabric in the mail and started piecing my quilt together I noticed the white in Hullabaloo was not at all the same white in the sashing. I do not have a quilt shop here so I buy online. I have other precuts that I would like to use a white sashing with, but I know it is a cream or ivory. How do I know which one and how to find a good match? I guess the same would be if I was to use a color as well instead of white. Please help!

Also, we understand you may not all be as computer savvy as we think we are, or if you just prefer to chat with a real live person, give us a call at:
    888 - 571 - 1122 || (816) 583 - 7722 [International]
    And if you're ever in the northland of Missouri, drop by and say hi, chit chat is what quilters do best.

100 N Ardinger
    Hamilton, MO 64644

See it on a map

Shop hours are Tuesday - Saturday 10am - 5pm (but if you see the light on, we're in there quilting so stop on by :-)
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."