The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question about cording for purses and wallets

What did you use for the cord?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doloris View Post
    What about the zipper foot that is real skinny and is adjustable from side to side. Do you think that would work as well?
    I use the zipper foot and it works well for me.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to use my zipper foot, but it did not work well. My piping foot does have a groove in the bottom. The one I have is 5/32, as that is the size piping called for on several of the bags I make. I tried to us it on the NCW, but that size piping is too big, so I threw the entire flap away as it looked like crap!

With the foot I have, it's hard to go around certain curves with it. I may have to get one that does smaller piping for the NCW and other smaller bags.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI because I shop for cable cord when I do home dec, Dritz does have a cable cord that is smaller than what you typically see. It's a 3/32" cord, but joann's sells it by the reel and a reel is huge. I've never seen it in the smaller plastic bag packages like the 5/32" or the 9/32" we are more used to seeing. It's poly. Also you might be able to find smaller packages to try of macrame cord. I have some that looks less than 1/8" that I bought to try out, but it won't stand up to an iron because it is plastic. Maybe there is poly or cotton out there that could be ironed. I was going to use it to create some texture on pillows.

Don't know what's out there to fit a lot of machines, but Husqvarna Viking has several sizes of cording feet that accomodate the different widths of piping. My zipper foot on my low shank HV machine isn't a good solution. The cording feet work much better because the fabric runs under the foot in a groove. That way you have the flat part of the foot on both feed dogs. Just my $.02. Would love to hear what you find works best for the purses and wallets.