Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: work in progress: 6/23/15 (insert clever title here)

Good morning

Jess - I hope you heal fast and can still carry on with relaxing hobbies.

I did finish up my binding star top, but no pic yet. Now I am at a crossroads again - what to start on next? I have several charm packs that I want to use, just looking at patterns, any suggestions would be helpful. I haven't watched today's tute, maybe it will inspire me Or I have several UFOs I could work on too. One I have all the blocks done I just need to put it together with the setting triangles which scare me!

Have a wonderful day! Have fun!!
    Mary

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies!!! Last night was rough, especially sleeping with this thing on... but I made it thru. "Technically" wasn't supposed to go to work today, but I've got to save some of my vacation/sick time for later this year so I came in. I sit behind a desk all day... not too strenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwriter View Post
    Hmmm...maybe it is time to try those hexies that were tempting you. I have some I pull out when I want to do handwork. They are right much fun.
    That's exactly what I was thinking Got everything ready to go for it, just need to start!
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear, Jess, sorry to hear there is a big ugly boot cramping your style. Take it easy and be a good patient! You don't want that thing on your foot any longer than it has to be. And with the rainy weekend we have coming, you might be parked in front of the TV or with a good book for a while. Do you have a machine that you can run with the buttons rather than the foot pedal?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandwiched the hole in the wall quilt today using the we have guests over folding table lol. How handy is that!!
    Fran, I see hand quilting together in our future!!

Definitely going to outline the black washing and do butterflies and flowers in the pink and green sections.

Sophie requested nachos quilt be a spiderweb pattern. It'll be a fun project with her. ❤️
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everybody!

Sylvia, yes, the group of gals that sew are just the best ever, not to mention being sewwww not right!
    Jess, love that pillow, and so very sorry to hear about the foot! Hope you heal quick!
    April R, hats off to you! Good job
    Kim, lol (ducking here) noooo, you are NOT alone in the "flop WIP' syndrome, I'm thinking if we're all honest, we'd fess up to at least one!!!I certainly have a couple......grrrr! They were re-thought, redone and presto, bango, happy gal here!
    Hey Claire , good to see ya!! Sounds like just the ticket with travel and rest, hugs to ya!
    Josephine, hope you DO get to hit that WIP........lol, and start another one, isn't that normal?
    Soon Juliet, soon!!
    Hey Bouse, good to see you hop on! And great advice!
    Hey Mare! Just carpe sewing, something will stick, wink, wink!
    Amy, sounds like you're gonna need to have your game on with Miss Sophie in the future!
    Leah, quit cutting grass and SEW sister!!! LOL!
    Shirley, do I hear the sound of vacation approaching? Hope it's great, and you have a wonderful time with Miss Khloe!

Great day here, busy, but productive. Goose's are done, and started a project I've been wanting to do for ages (not to mention putting the finished project in the "Blue and White" group) scratch one Irish chain off the list. I did steal Eleanor Burns' little trick on the sizing though (yeah big pieces gal here, like y'all didn't know) and cut the 9P's at 3 3/4, making for a very nice 10 1/4 block. Blew thru it pretty quick today, and set up for finishing the piecing on Sunday. Manana is a workday for me. I guess it'll qualify (white, black/blue print) wild floral in those colors and promised myself I'd do a curved border............wish me luck! It will finish at a healthy twin size. Definitely need to enlarge my design board! Hubs didn't quite get the pattern til I put the white squares in, and I'm saving that negative space for a stencil I've had for ages! Hope you Ladies have a great weekend!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004-01-10 00.10.27.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	112695
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004-01-10 00.10.40.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	112696
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

6. Thanks April R thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carrie, if that irish chain is missing from your design wall, well it may be here
    Love it!
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'll post a picture of my worst flop ever if at least 5 other people also promise to post a picture of their worst flop. It is a bargello made from stripes and polka dots and it so hideous I called it Pandemonium. I still can't figure out where it went wrong. It is destined to remain forever a UFO.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, I don't have a picture, I either did something different or got rid of the evidence lol.
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It was fun to get back into my sewing room today. I got quite a bit done but didn't really finish anything. I did one repair on a pink princess tent that I got at a yard sale for my little DGD. It is so cute and I know she will have fun with it.
    I did some FMQ on my Christmas quilt, I used the start/stop button at the lowest speed and it worked pretty well, bumped it up one notch and it worked even better, when I switched to another quilt that I was just doing loops on I went back to the foot pedal. It seems like I have more control if I am speeding along. Oh yeah, I also sandwiched a quilt. It was a very productive day, hope tomorrow goes along as well.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, I had just started my worst WIP, luckily, had enough fabric to make a totally different quilt, only took me four months of hiding it in my fabric bureau to rethink,/redo it! It visited me nightly in fabric nightmares! LOL! What's the saying, "worked in theory, but in application.....pfffffftttt!!!"

Amy, thanks m'dear! However, my alarm system is a Boston Terrier, hope you're r-e-a-l-l-y sneaky and quiet! LOL!

In reading and retrospect, I can envision a "THE WORST EVER WIP ON THE PLANET" group!!
    Last edited by Carrie J; June 26th, 2015 at 09:52 PM.
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!