Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: work in progress: 6/23/15 (insert clever title here)

OMGOSH Mary, that is stunning!!!!
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sylvia, Claire Hallman, Marebear -- oh so pretty!

I hope everyone is feeling better. Go easy with that rotary cutter, Denise! Better safe than sorry.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, You are a rock star sewing through the discomfort! I to like the mock up of the darker color. Beautiful beginning.
    Yay for log cabins April. Sorry about the mat!
    Juliet, I remember when I would look at a quilt and couldn't even see the block at all! How far we bothe have come in such a short amount of time my friend. *high fives* ....can't wait to see how your sketch becomes an honest to goodness quilt!
    I've caught a few DVDs this month Carrie. They were much needed...glad you got a "me" day because you need some! [hug]
    Glad you are feeling better Jess and on the mend.
    Shirley, your little friend Khloe is so darned cute. It looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend.
    Sylvia...I'm in awe. I stare blankly at grey, black, and white fabric bundles and my mind cannot for the life of me picture a quilt in them, I'm too immature in quilting. However your quilt is stunning...the contrast and the design just sing harmoniously together!! Beautiful. Your patriotic rail is very nice too.
    Claire, I think your bento is very nice done. I'll bet the pattern and happy colors will be perfect for the right person!
    Wow Angelia...9 quilts. Go girlfriend!
    Aww Amy, cute little kitty quilt for a cute kitty! (Bet you're glad he's not the same size as the dog...lol!)
    Uh oh Josephine...looks like runners are your new SQUIRREL!
    Beautiful Mary! So vivid and bright. I think you are right about no border too.

It hasn't stopped raining or gusting here long enough to get some good pics pf the berry top yet so I'm still trying. Despite the rain today I mowed (yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment) then I picked berries. Yep.... purple fingers me then made berry jam. YUM!
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....

4. Thanks April R thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Marebear--Your Binding Star quilt is turning out beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration for my niece's quilt.
    Sonic--Is SQUIRREL simply like "oooh shiny"?

Here is the table runner I started this morning. It still needs borders (or possibly more rows) but I am waiting for kitchen table measurements from my bro-in-law so I can make sure it will fit her table. The red fabric is leftover from the bridesmaids dresses in her wedding. She mentioned she'd like to make a tablecloth or something out of it but decided she'd never do it and gave the fabric to me. I must remember to thank her for telling me exactly what to make her for Christmas!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Table Runner 1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	112973 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Table Runner 2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	112974

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

LOL yes squirrel = Ooooo shiny!!
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sonic - you give me too much credit! The material came in a kit made up by a LQS! I saw the quilt they made, and loved it, so I bought the kit! However, the instructions themselves are quite helpful in selecting fabrics. Once you choose a colorway, the instructions give you yardaged for dark, very dark, light, very light,and medium fabrics. I am going to make this quilt again - some day - and will do it in another colorway.

Josephine - Awesome way to use the leftover material. I am sure the bride will love the runner.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

i think you should call this group "working on my Ph.D." as in Projects Half Done