Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: work in progress: 6/23/15 (insert clever title here)

Hello Ladies!!

Just checking in and I've gotta say.... I'm SO jealous of everyone's progress this week! I was a "bum" this weekend and pretty much just sat around the house watching tv and knitting on and off . I'm definitely not in as much pain as I was Friday/Saturday, so I'm planning on getting into my sewing room at some point this week and seeing what I might be able to do. I'm donating a bunch of keychains to my friend's aunt's animal charity event on the 18th, so I've gotta get cracking on those. Fortunately, the embroidery machine does not use the foot petal at all while embroidering, so I shouldn't have any issues

I'll be "lurking" and checking in this week to see and drool over what everyone is working on!!
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning.....just thought I'd check in to see what everyone has been doing/creating. I just love looking at everyone's projects and finished projects

I slept in....then lazed around for a while, now I'm cleaning up the house some. Just have the kitchen to go. Then I'm going out to my sewing room and work on a quilt I'm making for my great-nephew. Well time to get the kitchen cleaned up.

Have a wonderful day!
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Altairss – How sweet of your husband to be concerned about your having to stay longer at Joann’s!
    Denise – Thank you for the examples of your next bargello. I love the concept and am looking forward to making my first, which will be a wall hanging.
    April R – Your cutting mat! Hmmmm. I have had mine for almost 5 years. I know that grooves develop if you constantly cut in the same area, but still……I’d be looking at a different brand to replace the one that ‘broke’.
    Deegles – You are being so productive. I am looking forward to seeing the Jack’s Chain quilt.
    Amy – More hand quilting! Wow, I applaud your efforts.

The Friendship Quilt top has been finished! Yay!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6290008.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	112932

Yesterday I found a very nice fabric for the backing, some blue (chicken wire!) for the binding of another quilt, and, of course, some more Aurifil grey thread.

Name:	P6290003.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	112933

Yesterday, I also put a border on a UFO that had been lurking for 2 years! This rail fence quilt looked kind of blah without a border. The original border material did nothing for it. I foud this nice red with blue and white flowers in my stash, and it is just perfect. But it also required my purchasing another fabric for the binding. With the change in border material, the original binding material also didn't work. I am hoping to get this finished in time for July 4th. It will be a table cloth/picnic cloth quilt.

Name:	P6290005.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	112934
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Sylvia, all of those are very pretty. I have used that blue chain fabric in My Blue Heaven and really liked it.
    I love using printed fabric for backs since it hides a lot of bobbles in my quilting.

I mentioned the round robin bento box I finished yesterday, it looks much better in the picture that in person.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0628151655-00.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	112940

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

OOOOO ladies pulling off some beautiful projects!
    Almost the end of this wip week and as usual, not disappointed with the beautiful projects.
    Quilter since 2013.

6. Thanks April R thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Packed and shipped the cousin quilts--nine boxes! Glad to get them on their way.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Nacho's little quilt is about done. Took a chance today to let soph play with the steps and got to the point of waiting to hand stitch binding to the back. Will be hand quilting my quilt tonight.

I hate how quilts look wavy and warped on camera

Name:	nach.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	112955
    Quilter since 2013.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Amy R--That is a really cute little quilt! I hope Nacho likes it.
    Sylvia--Thanks for the idea about the freezer paper! I think that's what I will try.
    Carrie J--Sometimes a movie day is just what you need!

Still working away over here. Got distracted this morning by someone asking about table runner patterns while cruising the forum. I'm planning on making table runners for my sister for Quiltsmas. So, went and looked at the video that was posted and what would you expect--spent an hour this morning starting a binding tool table runner. I will post pictures when I get it all pieced. I'm about 1/2 way done.

I was planning on spending this summer catching up on projects. I think I am destined to just continue to add to my list.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all! I love seeing what's going on

I finally managed to get a pic of my Binding Star quilt top. I don't think I'll add any borders, and do a scrappy binding from leftover strips.

Name:	binding_star_wip.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	112956

I hope you all are having a great Monday!
    Mary

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

OMG ! That is horrible news about the mat. I still have my first olfa and it is heavily grooved but still works fine. I did buy a repacement but can not bring myself to use it till the old is gone and buried. LOL.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud