Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Giveaway Week 40 Oct 15th - 21st

Congratulations to ILove2quilt! (How great is her username?!) You just won 1000 Quilters Cash Points! I'm so glad everyone is enjoying the pics everyone is sharing!

With all the fabric options coming out from the big designers these days I'm wondering what's your favorite non-cotton fabric option? There are voiles, and linen, decorator weight, and the printed minkee. I'm probably missing some, so feel free to let me know if you have a different fave! I honestly enjoy them all but my current favorite is linen. It's got such awesome texture! But I really want to play with the voiles too. I love the way they feel! Ooo and laminates and dobbies are on my list of need to touch as well!

Anyway hit the reply to thread button at the top or bottom of this page and tell me your opinion and you're automatically entered to win 1000 Quilters Cash Points! The contest goes till next Friday or as soon there after that I can get my post up hehe, Friday sounds good of and all winners are chosen using random.org. Thanks for playing everyone!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 40 Oct 15th - 21st

Congratulations Ilove2quilt.

You mean there is something out there besides 100% cotton. Oh! Hmmm, well now I don't know anything about that!!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations ILove2quilt!

Uhm... I only use cotton for quilts. I used to sew clothing and liked the velours to make robes. I used to like gabardine, too, when it was in style.
    Bec

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations ILove2quilt! I've only used cotton, but I think I'd like to try minkee sometime.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Ive only quilted with cotton buthave wanted to try other fabrics. It just gonna have to wait in line with the others I have planned.
    Happy Quilting

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

So, cotton is by FAR my favorite fabric type, but I'm just trying out the decorator weight for bags. I'd also like to try the jersey knits...I've seen several darling patterns for pillows using jersey knit.
    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
    Summer Lee Quilts

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use polar fleece for making stuffed animals and some clothing. Flannel is good, if a bit fuzzy in the machine. Corduroy, denim, duck cloth and decorator weights for tote bags and one quilt. I have made dresses and costumes out of the satiny and sheer materials and hooded towels for babies/kids out of terry cloth, but for general sewing and quilting, it's 100% cotton!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to this weeks winner!!!!! I think cotton is the only way to go,but I am still a newby,so mayby latter on I will try something else
    Those who sleep under a quilt are wrapped in love

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Ilove2quilt That is a great username.
    ince I am also a garment and home dec sewer I use them all. But I am loving linen right now for skirts and pants. Home dec fabrics are great for tote bags also.
    Hola from sunny Mexico, Cheryl

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have only used cotton and being fairly new to quilting I haven't ventured out of my comfort zone yet. I have sewn clothing with linen though and love wearing it. For quilts though, it has only been cotton.
    Alana
    To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
    alanashideaway.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana