Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My 1st QOV - Martha's Valor - because of the brave with the love and support of those at home...

Beautiful quilt, someone will love this one. You did a great job.
    Vicki C

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My 1st QOV - Martha's Valor - because of the brave with the love and support of those at home...

Beautiful quilt...

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyMachines View Post
    I finished my 1st QOV quilt! I have worked on it over about four months. I mentioned it earlier when I was asking about pillow case sizes.
    The quilt inspiration came from an image of a QOV quilt in Fons and Porter. I quilted it "custom" on my long-arm.

The blue triangles have Eagles. The stripes have ribbons and stars. The rest of the quilt is a mix of designs.

As I worked on this, it found its story. The story of Martha Washington and her service to Veterans is outstanding. This quilt honors both service and sacrifice of American service men, women, and their families.
    Attachment 112264
    Attachment 112265
    This is beautiful. If I could suggest? Please make this information part of your letter/journal that goes with the quilt. Then the story of the quilt becomes part of the story of the veteran's life. It's very powerful!

From my award speech:

Your quilt has a label and in the presentation case is a note that will tell you more about this quilt. As of today, the story of this quilt becomes your story as well.

You have created a true treasure! Thank YOU for your service to our veterans.

4. Thanks LoveMyMachines thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Great job....I love anything patriotic...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the praise! It feels good to complete it and I can hardly wait for the day I pass it to someone deserving.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful quilt! It will be cherished.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that is just lovely. Thanks for making it!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That is gorgeous. That was a great save after your "whoops". Fantastic job!!
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Stunning! Just beautiful. A QOV is on my to do list.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

That is beautiful.