Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP 6/16/15 Mid June sewing!

April, I really like your jar quilt.
    Amy, your Dad looks “pleased as punch” with his quilt.
    Josephine, the baby quilt is lovely. What was the problem with the flannel? Quiltsmas? A great idea!
    Mary, your binding star quilt is beautiful. Guess I need to put that one on “the list” also! And your niece’s quilt is lovely. I, too, like the Stonehenge fabrics.
    Denise, your FMQ on the scraps table runner is AWESOME!
    Deegles, I don’t know what Jack’s chain blocks are, but I am familiar with Y seams. Anything that makes them easier is a good thing. How awesome that you are creating this as you go. I haven’t been that brave yet!
    April R, really pretty blocks. They are going to make something awesome.

I took a few days away from my machine – was avoiding the center block problem. Today, I finished basting the blocks together, and then piecing them together. I was able to get a great deal to match, but, oh my, the parts that don’t match REALLY don’t match! But it is, what it is. I am disappointed, but I’m wearing my big girl panties and I’ll get over it. I am looking forward to getting the rest of the blocks together and seeing what it looks like when finished.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

2. Thanks April R thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

MAN, absent for a few days and I get "bumped into" nanner, Leah, it's been a stellar weekend, more later!
    Juliet, oh dear!!! So very sorry about the pirate words on the 4P, but don't give up the ghost yet, you may hate it, but someone will love it, truly!!!!
    Alta, don't you just love it when it all comes together? How we learn and grow!
    Denise, hope you're rested now, Lordy what a day you had! And look enabler, that's just mean! LOL!
    Lisa, welcome to my "hay field"!!! Weathermen totally missed it this weekend, tons of rain, no mowing, ugh!
    Sylvia, ohmigosh, so sorry about the mis-matching, and we certainly understand the need to vent!
    April, really COOL jar quilt, way to go!
    Josephine, LOL on the flannel, but it turned out really great, as did your BIL Christmas present!
    FRAN!!! Hey, glad to hear your houseboat vacation was a success, glad you're back! You were missed for sure! Amy's a sweet pea, kudos AMY!
    Mare, I LOVE your top!!! Awesome job!
    Pam, ROFL, you're sooooo bad! What? You didn't buy it and send it to Leah? Crying here!
    Amy, Holy Cow that turned out so great, and looks like your Dad is super tickled with it, way to go!!!
    Shirley, know you're loving that Janome GF!!!
    Mare, gorgeous top and colors on the Double Slice!
    AprilR, pretty blocks you've got going there!

As y'all already know, I received a Singer 201 this weekend, a dream come true!

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gen...-sunday-d.html

Could NOT wait to get to work on her and get her up and running. It was well worth the effort, she's back together and runs like a dream. I am simply amazed at the straight stitching, it's agility and FMQ capabilities with this machine that most folks overlook. As near as I can determine on her model and serial number............she was made in the 1950's (I'll pretend she was manufactured on my birth year!). She's never leaving my house, especially now that I have hands that look like a mechanic's, and have cleaned, polished chrome and brass til that stuff is coming out my ears!! Well worth the time invested, and am still shocked she's here and she's mine! Tomorrow, yep, will be sewing. I've earned it! The room is getting smaller, and Hubs is worried he'll be relegated to the living room.............if only he knew!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elbow grease, determination, success.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	112380
    Last edited by Carrie J; June 22nd, 2015 at 08:22 PM.
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Got the floral spiderweb finished. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow--it's WINDY outside today!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Found out why I got exhausted so easily on Sunday I couldn't find the energy to quilt. I have an abscessed molar that has to come out right away. I started the antibiotics and they will pull it on Wednesday. I have reached the age where I don't recover rapidly and would appreciate your prayers.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, prayers on their way. Please get well soon!! *hugs*
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, prayers coming your way now along with some cyber hugs as well! Get well soon!!!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, so sorry to hear about the abscess. Try to stock up on some soft foods to help you get through the first few days after the extraction. Did the dentist advise you to take something like Advil about 1 hour before your appointment? It helps because the pain medication will kick in as the novocaine is wearing off.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Got the binding on my mom's quilt!!
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...uilt-done.html
    It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb

There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings