Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera update

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Camera update

They were so nice to answer so fast! I still don't know what to do

Dear Lorie,
    Thank you for contacting Olympus Digital Technical Support with your inquiry.

We were sorry to learn that your Olympus product is in need of repair. Unfortunately, due to the age of the Evolt E-500, all parts, accessories and repair service have now been discontinued and are no longer available. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience this may have caused. You may want to check online for local repair centers that may still be able to offer repair service for the unit. For your reference, we have provided one such center: Camera Repair Japan, Duluth GA. 1-888-226-6678. We advise calling them first regarding their repair prices, policies and procedures.

One other option to consider is our Repair Exchange Program. This allows you to purchase a current, state of the art Olympus digital camera or digital audio recorder. You do not have to send your camera to us, but we would like to offer a discount of 20% from new or refurbished cameras and accessories available from the Olympus Store.

Please go to the following link to see the products which are currently offered:

GetOlympus Official Site | Digital Cameras, Lenses | Olympus

The lenses that you use with your current camera can be used with any of the cameras from the OM-D or PEN series, when using the appropriate adapters, MMF-2 or MMF3. You can also find them on the website above.

When you have made your decision, call Customer Care or reply to this E-mail in order for us to provide a discount code. 1-800-622-6372 (Monday to Friday, 9am - 5:30pm ET)

Regards,
    Sara

Digital Technical Support

Olympus America Inc.

Olympus Corporation of the Americas

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Camera update

Wow!!! 20% off? That seems like a great way to promote excellent customer service!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Wow!!! 20% off? That seems like a great way to promote excellent customer service!
    You know,I didn't really read that very well. I guess I have some phone calls to make!

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a great response. If you can I would surely take them up on the discount and get what you want.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, engineered obsolescence. Ain't it a wonderful thing. (Insert Sarcasm Font here.)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Peggi!
    However, it is still nice that she offered 20% off and also gave advice on cameras that will still use your lens so you do not have to purchase new lens as well
    Happy Quilting!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The old girl is going on 12. Everything dies at one point, unfortunately.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

20% off on a replacement and a list of the cameras that can use your existing lens sounds like great customer service and a deal.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lorie - it was nice of them to get back with you but before I would jump on that 20% off deal I would check their pricing against other retailers. If they are talking about 20% off manufacturer's list price it may not be much of a deal. I know everything is more expensive on Kauai then say, Houston, however I would compare against other stores and my go-to site, Amazon.
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma G View Post
    Lorie - it was nice of them to get back with you but before I would jump on that 20% off deal I would check their pricing against other retailers. If they are talking about 20% off manufacturer's list price it may not be much of a deal. I know everything is more expensive on Kauai then say, Houston, however I would compare against other stores and my go-to site, Amazon.
    I was thinking the same thing - I would compare to Amazon AND check shipping from all sources because of where you are...