Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's a question...

Do you make the same quilt more than once? If so, is it a twice or *maybe* three times kind of a thing or do you have a "go-to" pattern you've made over & over & over? So far, I've made one pattern twice, but that was because they are for twins due later this summer. I haven't repeated other than that. HOWEVER, I have several patterns that have multiple fabric piles in the stash... I'm worried I won't want to do a second one after I finish a first.

What's your experience?
    Kathe

Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here's a question...

the only quilt I have made more that once is a JRR.
    otherwise, I cannot seem to bring myself to repeat.
    there are just too many other quilts I want to make,
    Happy Quilting!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Log Cabin in different variations. It's by far my favorite and no two are ever identical.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have made 2 full-size double wedding ring quilts, but that's the only repeats so far. Too many pattens; so little time......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've made a few patterns more than once, but in different colors or something different about them. I do like the Warm Wishes pattern and have made several of those.
    I like to try new patterns and challenge myself so once I make it it is no longer a challenge
    Dolores

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I've done it 3 times.
    - First quilt I ever made I then made one in different colors for my mother-in-law. As a new quilter my thought was that if I'd done it once I knew what I was doing to make it the second time.
    - Made a pair of lap quilts for my father-in-law and step-mother-in-law in the same fabrics, but reversed the main colors in the pattern so they were different.
    - Made a table runner and liked the pattern so much I designed it into a lap sized quilt to make for my son.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have one quilt I've made three times. They were all throw size but it's a pattern I really like. One was a gift, the other two for family use.

I wouldn't be surprised if I find myself making a larger size of the same quilt sometime in the future.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My go to pattern is yellow brick road. I love it and I've made it 4 times. It looks different every time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love the big star pattern I made one for my daughter twin and one half finished this is a king for my sister and plan one for myself and am working on a baby quilt using it as well. All are in different colorways. I will be making several different irish chains two are in the works. Some quilt patterns I find more timeless and want to make more in different colors. At the same time I am making and or trying lots of other patterns. If I like making the pattern and the result I will repeat it, but others I hated working on like the lattice quilt and plan to never do that one again. I have a list going now of quilts I want to make, plan to make and what I have done. I am trying to make notes on which ones were fast and easy or difficult and if I need a quick gift I can refer to that.

Even if you do one pattern and don't like it but have material for a second one. Chances are you can find another pattern that is close enough in fabric needs to use it for instead or set it aside and later down the road you may feel differently about doing a second one and pull it all out.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made Jenny's version of the d9p twice. I'm going to branch out to the others, because there are so many. They are so charm pack friendly.

Lorie