Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here's a question...

correction: I have made about 8 t-shirt quilts.
    but to me they are so very different because they were made for different people
    Happy Quilting!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

After making a baby tumbler quilt and it being such a big hit. That is all I do now for babies. Its quick and easy and is perfect for the charm packs
    Patrice

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

This question is for Altairss. I have a question about the Lattice Quilt pattern. You said you hated working on it. My friend is going to make that pattern, and I am going to make Magic Diamonds, which I think is very similar. Please tell me why you hated making it. I want to warn her, and also find myself another charm pack friendly quilt to make instead. I have already bought all the material needed. Thank you so much. I am a beginner, and appreciate all the advice I can get.
    Last edited by DebbieDoodle; June 14th, 2015 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the name my question is for.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am with Deloris, love the Warm Wishes pattern, it is simple but looks like you worked hard and you can showcase a larger print and not have to cut it very small. I have made two of them and may make a third soon. I also think the Quatrefoil with be done several times but all with different fabrics so it is never really the same quilt again and again.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too worried about them looking the same...it's more if I would get bored making the same block over & over. I've only been quilting a year, so it hasn't really come up. I did one design I KNOW I won't do again (Costa Maya) because I was so frustrated doing it. The rest I've honestly enjoyed, but I don't know if I would say the same thing if I did it again... There are soooo many I yearn to do that I am not sure how I would feel about repeating.

All of your responses are fun reading. It's interesting how some people will just grab a pattern to heart and love it every time and some think more like I believe I might... We shall see what happens when I make a quatrefoil. That seems like one that could capture my heart...
    Last edited by Kajenkids; June 14th, 2015 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Wrong pattern name
    Kathe

Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I want to make like 5 costa mayas. I don't know about other patterns yet, lol.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I have a hard time repeating a pattern. I'm always looking for a new challenge. I have recently done a French Rose pattern! Wonky Star and Disappearing 9 patch and enjoyed them so much I may some time in the future repeat those patterns.

8. Thanks Cathy F thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NorwichTerrier View Post
    I want to make like 5 costa mayas. I don't know about other patterns yet, lol.
    Ooohhhhhh.. I thought it was so confusing! Of course, it was like my third quilt ever...
    Kathe

Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've made 5 JRRs, 2 Three Dudes, 2 D9P. I would repeat any of them again if I needed a quick quilt. I have also done 2 Zig Zag Table runners and several repeats of two styles of place mats. Because all of these patterns are quick to make, they are not boring to me. I made my grandson a great looking quilt - but I wouldn't do it again unless it was a request. It was for a double bed, all the blocks were the same, except there were color changes. It got to be B O R I N G!

There is probably no reason for you to duplicate a quilt pattern - unless you wanted to do so.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Texas quilt with a panel and multiple borders that I have made 4 times already, 3 as gifts for different people. Mainly it was quick, except for the actual quilting, and had special meanings to the recipients. Will give the last one away next month. I'm excited, because of all the quilts I've made and given to others, I've never been present when they received the quilt. Other than that I have not repeated any.