Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not very happy that my jelly roll strips are not 2.5" (warning - vent)

Quote Originally Posted by chokoboysmom View Post
    Strip It Three Ways by Nancy Rink
    Those are very cool. Which one?

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not very happy that my jelly roll strips are not 2.5" (warning - vent)

I would definitely contact the manufacturer.... They want to have satisfied customers...

One of the reasons I love precuts, is that you do get...usually....an entire line of fabrics. I like variety, and seldom make two or three color quilts... I love the scrappy look.... Lots of color.....

Precuts are great... There is no way I could afford to buy the variety of fabrics. I want in my quilts. I can buy a couple of charm packs, a little yardage, and have a besutiful quilt.... One charm pavk will give me a nice baby quilt. Not a bad desl.

Layer cakes and jelly tolls are usually too expensive for me to buy many, but when I do buy ine, I always feel I have hit trn my money's worth....

I buy very little yardage anymore... Just what I need for backings and bindings, and a little bit to how with my precuts.

Luckily for me, the LQS. I frequent .... The Fabric Shack (they are online).....carries a LOT of precuts. I've never been in a shop with Dutch a great variety of everything, including precuts..... Of course I've never bern to the *. Now THAT would be a treat, and a dream come true.

Sorry to ramble....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

3. Thanks chokoboysmom thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    Those are very cool. Which one?
    I am making "Prism". It's the one with the 60-degree triangles. If you're not cutting and sewing accurately your points are not going to match up. It's very noticeable now that I can't make strips uniformly.
    Thank you for stopping by, Chokoboysmom

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by easyquilts View Post
    I would definitely contact the manufacturer.... They want to have satisfied customers...

One of the reasons I love precuts, is that you do get...usually....an entire line of fabrics. I like variety, and seldom make two or three color quilts... I love the scrappy look.... Lots of color.....

Precuts are great... There is no way I could afford to buy the variety of fabrics. I want in my quilts. I can buy a couple of charm packs, a little yardage, and have a besutiful quilt.... One charm pavk will give me a nice baby quilt. Not a bad desl.

Layer cakes and jelly tolls are usually too expensive for me to buy many, but when I do buy ine, I always feel I have hit trn my money's worth....

I buy very little yardage anymore... Just what I need for backings and bindings, and a little bit to how with my precuts.

Luckily for me, the LQS. I frequent .... The Fabric Shack (they are online).....carries a LOT of precuts. I've never been in a shop with Dutch a great variety of everything, including precuts..... Of course I've never bern to the *. Now THAT would be a treat, and a dream come true.

Sorry to ramble....
    Thank you for sharing. I, too, love scrappy quilts; and when you get a ton of variety from the pre-cuts, you have the flexibility to make a truly scrappy quilt yet fabric from one line.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am making "Prism". It's the one with the 60-degree triangles. If you're not cutting and sewing accurately your points are not going to match up. It's very noticeable now that I can't make strips uniformly.
    That was my favorite. I can see why your dissapointed. I hope you get it worked out.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Personal preference. Regardless if it's Bella Solids all of one color or 40 different fabrics, or 5, or 2, it's all about personal preference.
    We buy what we want to buy.
    PEACE, already! I just wondered if there was a special reason.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyknot View Post
    PEACE, already! I just wondered if there was a special reason.
    She answered your question in a reasonalable way. Why do you have to stir up some kind of conflict? She wasn't attacking you.

Lorie

9. Thanks Carolnnc, chokoboysmom thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

But YOU jumped in with both feet, didn't you?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This happened to me. However, it wasn't quilt shop grade fabric, it was jelly rolls on clearance at JoAnns. The width was pretty good on the strips but they did not square it to the fold of the fabric so that portion was "humped" for lack of a better term. Now I am wiser and know what to look at/for before sewing. I agree with you on the precut thing. That is why we buy the precuts to get the fabric line (all prints) and are not out a lot of money with a large variety.

12. Thanks chokoboysmom thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deegles View Post
    This happened to me. However, it wasn't quilt shop grade fabric, it was jelly rolls on clearance at JoAnns. The width was pretty good on the strips but they did not square it to the fold of the fabric so that portion was "humped" for lack of a better term. Now I am wiser and know what to look at/for before sewing. I agree with you on the precut thing. That is why we buy the precuts to get the fabric line (all prints) and are not out a lot of money with a large variety.
    Thank you for sharing your experience. It's hard to spot 'quality control' while the strips are rolled up. I think I may just stick with the Moda JRs from now on.