Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fun With Ice Tea!

I'm another one who only uses sweet n low in my iced tea. I used to make a gallon, and put two shots of peachtree schnapps in it for the perfect peach flavor. I use lemons or limes now.

For hot tea and coffee, I prefer splenda. Depending on the type of tea, sometimes I use milk or cream. I probably have 20 different varieties of loose leaf and bagged teas in the kitchen right now, it's all I drink. Oh, and some blossoming tea balls.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Sandy & Grandma Nan......plain unsweetened tea( Lipton Tea Bags ) with ice, rare occasion with a slice of lemon. Sometimes I drink hot tea in the morning during the colder months. I love crushed ice.
    My mom used to drink VERY strong iced tea ( all year long ) .....she made it with 2 tea bags per 8 oz water. If she drank instant tea it was always the Nestea Brand....which I have continued to do. Although I am sure this sounds weird, Mom & my sisters all drink tea like this. We never buy Lipton iced tea mix....only Nestea in those big jars.
    I also drink lots of water with lemon & lime in it too. I don't drink that much soda pop.....

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhh I am so happy we are talking about this....does anyone have a recipe for Starbuck's Very Berry Refresher? It's so wonderful! I am not a fan of their coffee but I like their iced coffee and now love this berry refresher! Thanks

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was raised on sweet tea and make it almost every day. I use a tea maker now and love it. I use the family size Lipton tea bags and regular sugar. Nothing else. I don't put the tea in the refrigerator or put ice in it until it's served. It stays on the counter lukewarm all day.

Dissolving the sugar to the hot tea before adding the rest of the water makes it sweeter.

When you order tea here you'll get sweet ice tea. You have to ask for unsweetened. But no one I know likes it that way

I LOVE Tazo chai tea! I used to buy it all the time in the grocery store. I quit buying it at Starbucks when they changed brands.

In the winter I'll have a cup of hot tea. No milk, just a drizzle of honey.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I put 4 family tea bags in a gallon of hot water with 2 plantation mint tea. I let it sit a few hours on counter and take out family tea bags but leave the mint tea bags in. Chill, add ice and enjoy!