Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fun With Ice Tea!

I used to drink the tea in the jug from the store but I have had to cut back on caffeine so now I make my own with the decaf bags.
    For years I drank full octane Red Diamond Tea with Splenda. But - the older I get the more problems I have like migraines and high blood pressure. Oh well, at least I can still quilt! And I have switched from Splenda to Stevia and Coconut Sugar and sometimes Agave for sweeteners. Since doing that I have less migraines.
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry.........tea isn't tea unless it is sweet!

Heat two family size tea bags in water until boiling.......add that to tea pitcher with sugar and fill with cold water and stir. Serve with plenty of ice..........yummy!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Two heaping tablespoons of loose Lipton tea in a French press coffee pot. Pour 1 cup boiling water (made in a whistling teapot for sure), and allow to cool to room temperature. Press and add to filtered water to taste. (I personally love my tea dark and robust so this will make about 1/2 gallon). I've gone the route of Cold Brew, etc., but do not like anything in my tea other than water and lots of ice cubes. A tea purist. No sugar, no lemon, no fruity flavors, no pictures.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I fill my insulated drink cup w/ice, 2/3's full, fill it with water and then squirt in my Sweet Tea Mio. No calories, no after taste, and it's easy! Besides, I'm the only one who drinks iced tea in this house!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie View Post
    I used to drink the tea in the jug from the store but I have had to cut back on caffeine so now I make my own with the decaf bags.
    For years I drank full octane Red Diamond Tea with Splenda. But - the older I get the more problems I have like migraines and high blood pressure. Oh well, at least I can still quilt! And I have switched from Splenda to Stevia and Coconut Sugar and sometimes Agave for sweeteners. Since doing that I have less migraines.
    Try what I use, you will be surprised!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    I spent much of my life in the south, my daddy was from the south, we drink Sweet Tea... No one in my family is fat. I'm fluffy and everyone else who loves it is thin. My dad was never fat a day in his life.

We lived just outside Montgomery Alabama for 14 years. If we ordered ice tea and did not specify unsweet, we would get sweet tea. I had to go to California to visit my Dad - he was terminally ill with cancer - I stayed with my brother and every time we ate out, I order unsweetened tea till finally my brother could not take it anymore and said "It comes without any sugar - you don't have to tell them - you have to add your own!" Then I had to tell him about living in the South! I grew up in the South - Southern California that is! Haven't lived there in nearly 40 years, just the occasional visit. I grew up drinking unsweet tea but now I just like a little bit of sweetness.

Thanks everyone for sharing your recipes!

Gloria - I wonder how other frozen fruit juices would taste in the tea? Frozen apple juice might be something to try. Hmm.
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie View Post
    We lived just outside Montgomery Alabama for 14 years. If we ordered ice tea and did not specify unsweet, we would get sweet tea. I had to go to California to visit my Dad - he was terminally ill with cancer - I stayed with my brother and every time we ate out, I order unsweetened tea till finally my brother could not take it anymore and said "It comes without any sugar - you don't have to tell them - you have to add your own!" Then I had to tell him about living in the South! I grew up in the South - Southern California that is! Haven't lived there in nearly 40 years, just the occasional visit. I grew up drinking unsweet tea but now I just like a little bit of sweetness.

Thanks everyone for sharing your recipes!

Gloria - I wonder how other frozen fruit juices would taste in the tea? Frozen apple juice might be something to try. Hmm.
    I don't put anything in my Tea... Sweet Tea it is, and trust me, mine is not nearly as sweet at they make it in the south. They use a 2 cup simple syrup to a gallon of tea!! I have a friend who likes Lemons and Oranges in hers, and so perhaps Orange Juice? Apple Tea does sound good.

My niece makes a Blueberry Lemonaide that is really good. She makes a pitcher of Lemon aide Kool Aid, and mixes it with a 1/2 gallon of Ocean Spray Blueberry. I really like that!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doloris View Post
    gallon of boiling water over ice, tea bags, and some mint leaves from the garden. Spearmint I think. oh yea, no sugar necessary. just makes me more thirsty
    Lemon thyme is awesome in iced tea!
    Rescued is my favorite breed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    Sorry.........tea isn't tea unless it is sweet!
    A girl after my heart...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    A girl after my heart...
    then it is just sugar water with ice
    Dolores