Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cleaning my studio and........

I too have that many bags of project as plus all my fabric that isn't bagged together as project. I would guess enough for three lifetimes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh! I had to do a double take, as I first thought you posted pictures of MY projects! I have some projects in bags, and material designated for certain projects in plastic containers. And these are just projects that haven't been started. My UFO grouping is a separate matter! (Thank goodness for the 2015 Finishing Group.)

And yesterday I started a grouping called "do something with this". The "this" are unused blocks from completed projects. You know, they can make table toppers, pot holders, coasters and so on.

I have no excuse for getting into any kind of trouble, as I have more than enough to keep me busy.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Sounds like there are quite a few of us that could play Ziploc poker

Now THAT sounds like a blast.
    or...or.... Ziploc exchange! Everyone exchanges a Ziploc bag with a project of similar size... hmmmm.... wait... nevermind - I guess the goal is to have fewer bags
    Last edited by songbird857; June 6th, 2015 at 02:48 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well....my DH said bulldog clips.....ummm he meant binder clips. I tried both.....the bulldog clips come off the bags, the binder clips work well.

Now I have to clean up the table and find a wall LOL......and that's just the beginning of what I have. I have projects in plastic storage boxes too. Then there is the yardage that we won't even discuss.

A jelly roll here, a layer cake there, here a charm pack, there a fat quarter, everywhere a bunch of projects!
    Last edited by buckeyequilter; June 6th, 2015 at 03:00 PM.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I told DH my room is starting to look like a mix between a mechanic's workshop and a quilting studio. Thanks to M* and Harbor Freight LOL

I have 3 of those rolling toolbox's, I have one near my cutting table with supplies I use there, one near my quilting frame and the other one I haven't decided what I'll use it for yet.

I saw these workbenches in the Harbor Freight ad so yesterday we bought two of them, I am using one for my embroidery table and the other will be a design table with my computer and such.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	embroidery_table.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	111074

They may not be "pretty" but they are functional and heavy duty.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyequilter View Post
    Well....my DH said bulldog clips.....ummm he meant binder clips. I tried both.....the bulldog clips come off the bags, the binder clips work well.

Now I have to clean up the table and find a wall LOL......and that's just the beginning of what I have. I have projects in plastic storage boxes too. Then there is the yardage that we won't even discuss.

A jelly roll here, a layer cake there, here a charm pack, there a fat quarter, everywhere a bunch of projects!
    I do believe it is time for you to brush off your writing skills and work on that 'I QUIT' letter for the office. A girl has got to have time to finish projects. RETIRE!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a tub with those zippy bags of projects in various stages.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are in tote containers (well some of them, anyways). I think that's a great idea to put them in see thru bags - going to put them on my shopping list. I do have a list of my projects but it seems when I cross one off, a few more have sneaked onto the list in the meantime. I don't know how that happens - there must be a little person somewhere here that buys the fabric and sneaks it onto the list. For a lot of my fabric I do know what I want to use it for but then there is also quite a bit that I just loved the print and it followed me home. Did you know there are a gazillion shades of teal out there? I think I have them all! OH! And a gazillion different polka-dots, too many to count red/whites, and miniature prints. I even have a list that is titled "IN MY LIFETIME". The other list is titled "ARE YOU KIDDING?"
    haha!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the zip lock system for a long time. We should start a club.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

(Hanging my head with you)

Yeah, those two gallon project bags sure do add up quickly, don't they?

I have three large totes full....

.....and then there is 10 or so smaller totes that house fabric lines.....

.....and the regular stash...

.....and my precuts.....

.....and my Bonnie Hunter style strips and squares....

.....and the stuff that hasn't been sorted and put away ....yet...

.....and three totes of fabric, 2 yards or more, on comic boards....

Soooo.....can someone please tell me why I am participating in a shop hop this month????
    Last edited by dwil23; June 6th, 2015 at 06:05 PM.
    Donna