Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now or

Threaded View

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday Hellos and Heeeeeeere's June!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f8294723bd2e632210811bca1d03f8a9.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	110683

Happy Monday, Folksies! And let's get the party going for summer. I know, summer isn't official until the end of this month - hey, I believe in getting places early. I have learned to be patient. That is one of my secret weapons!

I am trying to remember the weekend - it seemed to pass so quickly this time. Partly because I worked like a trojan on Friday and Saturday, which btw, was a good thing. I seem to remember going down to Mom's with Luscious and loading up the OLD and HUGE and heavy as a two ton brick TV onto my little pick me up truck. It needed to go to the dump. It's only been in her house for years and hasn't worked for I don't know how long. She finally got a new set, one of those light as a feather ones (lucky girl). After I sucked in the hernia from helping Luscious carry it outside, I did manage to get it to the dump with the help of Stevie, my SIL. Yesterday DD and I went to Toys 'R Us to get Tyler some birthday presents. He will be the big 1 on June 8th. I couldn't tell you how many years it has been since I looked at baby stuff in a toy store. I was happy to see that many of the Classic Fisher Price toddler things have made a comeback. Guess who is getting one of those from me? We then went to Sams Club and I couldn't resist the cutest book Llama Llama Red Pajama. My favorite line in the entire book says something like, "save your llama drama" Very appropriate! For those who have kept that precious little one in your thoughts and prayers, I will add here that his mother went to court on Thursday. Because the child she beat (not Tyler) is a juvenile, they do not publish online. I went to court to be the proverbial fly on the wall but it was a closed session. Dispositions are not posted online. We did find out that she was found guilty and is appealing. So, until this is resolved, she can still create a tempest in their teapot.

I got another order to make another baby quilt. This one must be done by the end of this month. No one wants to know the gender of the baby, so, do you have any suggestions on juvenile fabric, charms, etc? I need to shake my tail feather to get this one done. You know, I was feeling rather unproductive until I looked at my little notebook where I write down what I've completed this year. I have been quite busy and didn't realize it! I've completed and sent out 27 COC's, 3 double quilts, 1 king, 15 hand bags, 4 table runners and 12 pouches. And I have more in various stages of completion. I think I feel stymied because in the past 7 weeks I have not spent much time at my machine. Once I get all caught up on the stitching and binding stuff I may have to take a refresher course on machine sewing. ha!

So, dear friends, I am off to find the coffee cup, head to the shower and go sit with Ty this morning until early afternoon. No stitching done while there, you can imagine. But my fat old hiney is getting some exercise and this gal here loves sloppy baby kisses.

SMILE! Today is gonna be as fabulous as you think it is gonna be. You may feel free to borrow my rose colored glasses!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rose glasses.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	110687
    Last edited by Blondie; June 1st, 2015 at 07:12 AM.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle