Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now or

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday Hellos and Heeeeeeere's June!

Blondie, I just ordered the Happi by Free Spirit fabric. Yes, it's called Happi blue, but its blue, orange, lime and cute little critters and I'm absolutely going to consider it gender neutral. The ten inch squares are also on sale. Sharon

2. Thanks vickiep thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,

All is calm at my house this morning. We actually had a great weekend and it was the second consecutive weekend we didn't have to go to the apartments. I went on Friday for a lease signing so we didn't have to make the trip on Jeff's day off. I try to do that as much as possible.

I took the plunge this morning and ordered a Stripology ruler. It seems I cut a LOT of strips from yardage lately. I prefer my strips not to have pinked edges, especially the 1.5" strips. I recently bought some strips from Keepsake Quilting that had straight edges.

Today I will work on the curved log cabin. I layed out the bottom half of the rows yesterday and they are ready to sew together. I could have this ready to go to Reggie by the end of the week. Then I have another one to make from the same material. I accepted a couple commissioned pieces for a neighbor.

I'm making a small quilt for my neighbor Karen who had a stroke about two months ago and is still in critical condition. They removed part of her skull because of the swelling and it's still off. She recently began having seizures. The doctors are saying that IF she lives she will likely be in the hospital/rehab for two years. Please remember her in your prayers. She is in her early 50s and the desire of her heart is to have a longarm machine. Her husband Ralph is suffering having her almost 3 hours away from home. They can't relocate her until they replace the piece of her skull. This family really needs prayer above and beyond Karen's staggering health issues. Thank you for helping me pray for this family.

Has anyone heard any more from Bob? I read his post when he got home from the hospital. Just wondering how he's feeling.

Wishing everyone a good Monday. I'm going to pretend it's Thursday.
    Last edited by Bubby; June 1st, 2015 at 09:21 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here's hoping June is a good month as I hadn't felt too good the last month, very tired and poor appetite.

Really felt bad all day Sat and Sunday. terrible loss of energy, so much so that we went to ER. Everyone kept asking if I had chest pains so was frightened even though I didn't have any. After 5 hrs I found out I had a severe UTI and low potassium, got an awful tasting shot of liquid potassium and an IV anti biotic to clear the UTI up quickly. . Have to follow up with my primary and take it easy for a few days. So glad when ER Doc said that EKG was good and I could go home after IV. Left ER at 11, headed home and DH and I crashed for the night. Still tired but relieved that I found out what was going on.

Need to finish my coffee and then slowly get the day started. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coffee smile.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	110693
    Last edited by MayinJerset; June 1st, 2015 at 09:38 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mpyles View Post
    Good morning! Been a while since a morning post. Just have too much on my plate of late. I'm currently working on the Harry Potter project of doom quilt. Works still a bear...need to get moving! Everyone have a great Monday and week!
    Oh, I've always wanted to make that quilt! I can't wait to see how yours turns out. It looks like one of those projects you really have to devote a lot of time to. Best of luck.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

O what a beautiful morning in east Tennessee. The rain from Texas has drifted our way, and we had a lovely rainy afternoon yesterday. Our ground is so thirsty that it all just soaked right in. The air is clean and fresh and I feel great!

I also had a great day yesterday with both sons and wives here for dinner and a good visit. It is nice to see the boys enjoying being together now that they both live near by. Ever since Tom graduated from college back in the 80's their time together has been a week here and there or a long weekend. I can at least blame the Navy for that. Iy was not our fault!

Probably no sewing this week as I have to get ready for a garage sale. I think I'll take both machines in for service.

Have a great day and prayers and hugs for those who need them.

Linda

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone,I just last week in the forum state, because one of my granddaugters had strep throat and had to stay home so I had to be there all day for your mother works, but its okay and today we begin week eoutine, Blondie I also looked at my work this year and as Im doing some UFOs, for I have not started great things, only he had to give, anyway this month I have to sew some pants for summer a granddaughter and GD, so that the patch has to stay for another time, Im glad you Tyler be well and good for you, because being with children is so nice, they bring so many memories, my grandchildren they are growing, but still I have fun with them, and now that summer is coming and have no class because I care for them and go the beach with them and wail, it is a joyous season and although sometimes I get tired I step well and I forget my problems. Hope you all have a beautiful day and send greeting and prayers fot those who need

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all! Had a great weekend...my cousin and her daughter came for a visit for the weekend. Friday night spent it on my new deck enjoying good conversation and wine. Then the rain came and we spent the rest of the weekend indoors, reading and chatting and sorting my spare room. Sewing machine is almost set up but can't find my power cord! That put a stall on the sorting of the room so I have a bit of a mess on my hands now. Oh well...all in due course...it will eventually get done!

Sadly though I neglected to close up my patio umbrella and the wind caught hold of it and almost took table and all off my deck! My cousin had bought me a lovely housewarming gift of a wee ceramic firepot and that got smashed all over the deck. Not a nice thing to wake up to on Sunday morning. I loved that umbrella too! Got such a great deal on it and now I'll have to replace it at full price. sigh. Oh well...I loved it so I will just have to make due! Hope I can find it again!

Well I'm off to an all day meeting on the other side of campus. Think of me dear friends suffering through that today! Ugh! I will be thinking of all those who need hugs and love today! xox

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, friends.

We had to have a large oak tree in our front yard cut down Saturday morning. We noticed a crack in it about a week ago & it looked like it was getting bigger each*day. It was good to get the tree down before it fell on our cars........but we sure have a big empty spot in the yard now. That tree gave us lots of shade and now.........not so much.

Saturday was a sad day for our family. A sweet aunt of mine passed away that afternoon. She will be greatly missed by her family and friends.

Prayers, hugs and smiles to all those in need.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad I checked this thread, because as I was walking around the house in an early morning mental fog, I thought it was Tuesday!

Eileen – Stuffed shells sounds yummy. I’ll be having a family dinner this week, hopefully, and lasagna is one of the dishes I am considering serving.

Songbird – thanks for the recommendation on Still Alice. I want to see the movie, but now I think I’ll read the book first. My mother, age 94, is in a nursing home and has dementia. She was doing okay mentally up until maybe 6 months ago. But due to some very unfortunate circumstances, she declined very rapidly. Even so, she did not want to go into a home, but she needed the 24 hour care. She is still pretty angry with us, and often won’t talk to us when we visit.

Sandy – the picture of the elderly couple is dear to me. On my first trip to Atlantic City (I was probably 12 years old), my friends and I saw an elderly couple holding hands and walking on the boardwalk. My two friends thought it was hilarious that two “old” people would hold hands. But when I saw them, I hoped that I would have such a relationship. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out that way for me.

Barb – How sad about your friend. Sending thoughts for recovery for Karen and peace and comfort for Ralph.

May – Glad you have a diagnosis and received treatment. Rest and take care of yourself.

Now I am off to do a little cleaning in the laundry area, as someone is coming to clean the dryer vent this afternoon.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have officially gone over the edge and the worst part is I walked over and no one pushed me. Why? I just bought sewing machine 8 and 9 on the weekend. In addition to quilting, I have found I love rescuing these old gems and giving them some spa treatments and make them look pretty. Up until this last one they all worked and just needed some TLC. Yesterdays is almost frozen and has the electric cord cut off. Its a Singer 128 in beautiful condition (other than dirt) decals all intact. So all day yesterday I spent looking at videos and now I have to decide whether I will get a new motor and do that or to convert it to a hand crank. I'm moving from restoration into repair and it looks fun.

So the first one was a Singer 128 and the brown one is a Singer 401 in a cabinet and stool. Getting kind of excited to start working on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Singer no cord.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	110702 Name:  $_14 (2).JPG
Views: 99
Size:  1.1 KBName:  $_14 (1).JPG
Views: 96
Size:  1.2 KBName:  $_14.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  1.3 KB

Edit: not sure why those pictures are so small but anyway. It is a gem.

Hope everyone has a safe Monday. I get the results of my A1C from last week and feeling a little apprehensive of the results.
    Talk to everyone tomorrow.
    Last edited by Grandma Nan; June 1st, 2015 at 12:10 PM.
    Grandma Nan

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"