Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday Hellos and Heeeeeeere's June!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f8294723bd2e632210811bca1d03f8a9.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	110683

Happy Monday, Folksies! And let's get the party going for summer. I know, summer isn't official until the end of this month - hey, I believe in getting places early. I have learned to be patient. That is one of my secret weapons!

I am trying to remember the weekend - it seemed to pass so quickly this time. Partly because I worked like a trojan on Friday and Saturday, which btw, was a good thing. I seem to remember going down to Mom's with Luscious and loading up the OLD and HUGE and heavy as a two ton brick TV onto my little pick me up truck. It needed to go to the dump. It's only been in her house for years and hasn't worked for I don't know how long. She finally got a new set, one of those light as a feather ones (lucky girl). After I sucked in the hernia from helping Luscious carry it outside, I did manage to get it to the dump with the help of Stevie, my SIL. Yesterday DD and I went to Toys 'R Us to get Tyler some birthday presents. He will be the big 1 on June 8th. I couldn't tell you how many years it has been since I looked at baby stuff in a toy store. I was happy to see that many of the Classic Fisher Price toddler things have made a comeback. Guess who is getting one of those from me? We then went to Sams Club and I couldn't resist the cutest book Llama Llama Red Pajama. My favorite line in the entire book says something like, "save your llama drama" Very appropriate! For those who have kept that precious little one in your thoughts and prayers, I will add here that his mother went to court on Thursday. Because the child she beat (not Tyler) is a juvenile, they do not publish online. I went to court to be the proverbial fly on the wall but it was a closed session. Dispositions are not posted online. We did find out that she was found guilty and is appealing. So, until this is resolved, she can still create a tempest in their teapot.

I got another order to make another baby quilt. This one must be done by the end of this month. No one wants to know the gender of the baby, so, do you have any suggestions on juvenile fabric, charms, etc? I need to shake my tail feather to get this one done. You know, I was feeling rather unproductive until I looked at my little notebook where I write down what I've completed this year. I have been quite busy and didn't realize it! I've completed and sent out 27 COC's, 3 double quilts, 1 king, 15 hand bags, 4 table runners and 12 pouches. And I have more in various stages of completion. I think I feel stymied because in the past 7 weeks I have not spent much time at my machine. Once I get all caught up on the stitching and binding stuff I may have to take a refresher course on machine sewing. ha!

So, dear friends, I am off to find the coffee cup, head to the shower and go sit with Ty this morning until early afternoon. No stitching done while there, you can imagine. But my fat old hiney is getting some exercise and this gal here loves sloppy baby kisses.

SMILE! Today is gonna be as fabulous as you think it is gonna be. You may feel free to borrow my rose colored glasses!

Name:	rose glasses.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	110687
    Last edited by Blondie; June 1st, 2015 at 07:12 AM.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday Hellos and Heeeeeeere's June!

Good morning Blondie.....are we supposed to try to guess what your mom got a new set of or did I miss it somewhere LOL.

Getting ready for work....so better get moving.

Have a great day!
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Shirley, there goes my brain again. It was a new TV. I was able to go in and edit my post to reflect that. It does make more sense that way, even if I don't!
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! I'm not the only one with Monday morning-ness! Good Morning Blondie and all! Need more coffee.....hugs and Prayers!
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Monday Hellos and Heeeeeeere's June!

Oh happy Monday! Hope all had a good weekend!!
    It's gonna be a long busy week here! I realized last night I have 5 for dinner Tuesday evening so I need to hustle and get some things done!
    Slept a little better last night. At midnight I decided to sleep on the couch and slept till 615. That's the longest stretch I've had in weeks!
    Yesterday my GF came over to get help recovering two chairs cushions. Finished one and cut out all needed for the other before she left. She sent me a pic of one chair reassembled and it looks really cute! She was very pleased.
    So I need to get a pot of sauce going cause I decided to make a pan of stuffed shells and sausage for Tuesday dinner. Also picking up DH's DGD at the airport Tuesday am so she will help entertain DH for me this week!
    Today is deadline day for DH to go thru his "stuff" in the bedroom or I do it for him!!!!
    We will see!
    Hugs to all, hoping for a nice sunny day for you! :-)
    Last edited by irishrn; June 1st, 2015 at 08:35 AM.
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....
    Happy Monday to everyone - raining here - I love rain!
    FIL was in a funk yesterday - woke up on the wrong side of the bed and stayed there pretty much all day (not in bed - on the wrong side). Some days are like that, then a day or two later he forgets what put him there and goes back to his normal, even keeled grumpiness - which is much easier to deal with
    Dementia is so torturous - for all. I can't imagine what it must be like to be in your own head, forgetting things... knowing you're forgetting things (although I don't really know how much he KNOWS - KWIM?). Some days he seems like he's cognizant - then I'll hear him on the phone with his sister in Portugal, saying he wants to go get her and they can live in the house in their hometown... Um... he's never had a house past his childhood in his hometown.
    I just finished reading Still Alice. Wow. There were some parts where I felt like I was reading into my own life based upon some of the conversations in the book! I've not seen the movie, but I've heard the book is better. I highly suggest it - especially if you have a loved one with dementia. Good read even if you don't. I rarely read fiction these days - low tolerance for drivel. I could not put this one down until I was finished

Anyway - I got the hooks last night to put up my super fancy design wall (two flannel backed tablecloths) - so I'm gonna try and do that today. I'll post pics when I finally decide on a design for the quilt

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Been a while since a morning post. Just have too much on my plate of late. I'm currently working on the Harry Potter project of doom quilt. Works still a bear...need to get moving! Everyone have a great Monday and week!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A quick pop in before walking. Not much of an eventful weekend. We made a quick trip to Trenton to see Phil and the girls. We took a lawnmower to him. I got grandma kisses. I don't know why I was so tired yesterday. I had a two hour nap and then off to bed early and slept almost 10 hours.

Not sure what this day will bring yet. Hubby has to work today and tomorrow.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I have learned - do NOT let Al make the coffee on Sunday evening. Why is it never as good or as strong as what I make? And I have told him how much grind to put in there . . . he just must not be holding his mouth right.

Guild meeting tonight, Li'l Sis, my car pool friend and I are 'hostesses' but since it's our mid-year pot-luck picnic time (indoors??) all we need to do is supply the plates, cups, etc., and something to drink. I'd sure like to spike some of these gal's sweet tea!!

I spent about half my day yesterday proof-reading a manuscript for a friend who used to work for me. Interesting stuff, I was totally riveted to the screen until I finished.

Not sure what's on the plate today. I am waiting for my MSQC shipment of some much needed fabric for my red and white quilt. Other than that, I guess my early morning dream about cutting strips may have to come into play today. I did all that sorting a couple weeks ago and the crates are still sitting . . . and I brought home THREE large sacks of fabric from my SIL's last week . . . and Li'l Sis calls me a HOARDER . . . what does she know?

Hoping everyone is doing well. Prayers going out - you know if you need them!! You are probably already on my list.

Name:	I know who she is.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	110691
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, all!

How can it be June already? I just don't know.

Well, I am officially over the school days phase of motherhood. My baby, the youngest of four, graduated Friday night. We had a party for him on Saturday, and after a week of preparation and cleaning, I was officially BEAT. It was all worth it, though. I think everyone had a good time.

Blondie, Llama, Llama is my grandson's favorite book! They read it every night before bedtime and he has it memorized. I too got an order for a baby quilt, but know it is for a girl and they want lavender (blue lavender not red lavender ) and pink. No animals, but other than that anything goes, I guess. I think they want a more traditional type quilt as she mentioned pinwheels a couple of times.

DD brought home a litter of 6 kittens from work yesterday. They are so cute, but sick with a URI.

The Daily Deal got me today! I love that line and I ordered some blue lavenders for the baby quilt. I have been trying to be good as the Shop Hop starts this week!

Well, better get up and get ready for my "nap". 10 PM will come soon.

Hugs and prayers for all who need them....have a Blessed day.....
    Donna