Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ozziepuppy

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ozziepuppy

I have been wondering how Ozziepuppy is doing? I have seen a couple of posts but have not read an update in a really long time.

Ozziepuppy if you read this, please let us know how you're doing and feeling or if anyone out there knows how she's doing, please give us an update.

Hoping and praying for the best for her and all others dealing with health issues personally or with family/friends!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ozziepuppy

You may be in luck. According to her profile she's on line right now!!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi JaniceR, Sandy, and my other Quilting Friends and Prayer Warriors,

Thank you for thinking of me and continuing to include me in your prayers! I am doing better, but things are still relatively difficult. I finished the "bad" chemo (that destroys fast-growing healthy cells along with cancer cells) and I am now having "targeted" infusions every three weeks. The drug (Herceptin) only targets HER2/neu positive cancer cells so has fewer side effects although there are some, still. I also started a daily pill which is an aromatase inhibitor--it greatly reduces the amount of estrogen in postmenopausal women (yes, we still have some)--thereby inhibiting growth of estrogen-positive cancer cells. It also has some side effects, although again, nothing like the "bad" chemo that gave me the extreme side effects. I will have the Herceptin infusions every three weeks until some time in November, and will take the daily pill for five years.

Compared to how I felt previously, I am much better. Before, I could barely get out of bed and had more than 20 different side effects. My main problems now are fatigue, aches, pain, "brain fog," and depression. I started back to work part-time but unfortunately still ended up losing some pay due to running out of regular and "emergency" leave. I asked if I could change to part-time next year but was turned down, so I will be back full-time around the first week in August. (Fortunately I have time off this summer.) I don't have much stamina any more. Emotionally, you would think I would be doing better and in some ways I am, but on the other hand everything happened so fast that I almost didn't have time to process it at the time and am kind of processing it now. Like many who go through life-changing events (health or otherwise), I grieve the loss of the person I used to be and the life I used to have. I look in the mirror and see scars and a still-baldish head and feel like cr*p and worry about recurrence--& then I worry that worrying will cause stress which will increase the likelihood of recurrence! LOL, sort of.

I have been sewing a little each day, trying to make progress on my son & his fiancee's wedding quilt. It will not be finished by their wedding (July) but hopefully it might be finished by the end of summer or even by mid-fall. It is the Fons & Porter thousand pyramids quilt and extremely time-consuming. The points are lining up pretty well in each block/pyramid, but I can't imagine getting the blocks to all match up. One step at a time--we'll see what happens. I have about 78 blocks completed and I think I need around 136. (I can't find my pattern, sigh.)

I wish we had found the breast cancer a little earlier (before it became invasive) but on the other hand we were lucky to find it when we did as it only showed up on the annual mammogram (could not be felt at annual physical nor even by the surgeon prior to surgery). There were no symptoms at all ("I felt fine until they started curing me. . ."). So my friends, please get your mammograms and don't depend on being able to feel a lump. For a woman who has never had breast cancer, the chance of getting it is now 1 in 8 (according to my oncologist)!

I hope that at some point I can get over this "hump" and start feeling good again, physically and emotionally. Right now I just try to accomplish a little bit each day. There are other things going on also (serious health issues with other close family members) that are also important concerns. I am working on having a positive attitude, eating healthy, and walking 30 minutes a day (not always successful) and trying to prioritize appropriately. At least I am no longer crying all the time! I do check in here at least once a day but a lot of the time don't have the energy to post. I try to remember people in my prayers and I am grateful to be remembered in yours.

Thanks for checking!
    <3 Hugs to All! <3

Marci

4. Thanks alliek thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for checking in and letting us know how you're doing now. I still lift you up in prayer every day and will continue to do so. I know about the emotional rollercoaster of cancer with all its phases and effects. It sounds like you are doing the right things for yourself. Try to enjoy the Summer and hopefully you will be feeling much better when you have to begin work in August.
    (((HUGS))) to you. Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

*gentle hugs* and prayers continue!
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Marci, it is so wonderful to have an update on you - like others I continue to have you on my prayer list. Here's hoping the stamina hits you and you can at least get that quilt top well on the way to completion. Adding your other family members health issues today!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Still sending prayers and healing thoughts your way...I am so glad you saw the inquiry about you and answered....
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you checked in, continued prayers for you.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad to hear from you and thank you for giving us an update. I have been and will continue to pray for continued healing for you, that you feel much better very soon, that you regain your strength and feel more and more like yourself everyday. I know that you don't feel very strong right now but in my opinion, to go through what you have gone through and continue to go through takes an amazing amount of strength!! And it sounds to me as if you are doing so many "right" things and working very hard to do everything you can and I admire you so much for all of that.

I truly cannot imagine what it would be like to go through what you have and how overwhelming everything has been for you. Please know that I and all your other quilting friends here will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm happy that you're feeling some better but sad that you are still battling so many things. Please take care of yourself and I will be looking forward to another update and hope so much for you that things just get better and better for you and yours!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Marci...thank you for the update. I'm still praying for you too. Sending a hug of encouragement.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?