Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stripology Ruler

I have had some trouble with not cutting all the way through on strips too, though I do think I probably need to change my blade. I think I probably don't put the right pressure when I start my cuts. I haven't used mine a lot so I will just keep practicing! I was watching the Rail Fence and Four Patch tutorial and thought to myself right away that it would be awesome to cut the 10" squares into 2.5" pieces with the Stripology!

Terri

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catmom5 View Post
    I bought a new June Taylor yesterday from Amazon. My old one must have nicks in it because I've been having trouble with it.
    I just ordered another from Amazon. Great price!
    Amazon.com - Shape Cut Plus 12 Inch x 18 Inch Slotted Ruler - Power Rotary Tools
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I am laughing. Power Rotary Tools? Really? Maybe Amazon is listing it there in hopes more men will see it and want one.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think M* should offer courses in Power Quilting

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Or someone should...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mom23 View Post
    What am I doing wrong? I have the June Taylor and Stripology ruler and when I use the Stripology I never cut completely through the fabric. There is always just a little bit of fabric at the bottom edge that doesn't cut. Does anybody else have that problem? I'm using the 60mm cutter, should I try the 45mm? I've been using my June ruler more but it has so many nicks in it I feel like I'm making my blades dull. Plus, I paid a lot for the Stripology ruler, I need to use it!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsewer View Post
    Me too! Mine is sitting here and I am not using it because I've had so much trouble learning how to make it work. I get uncut fabric on both the top and bottom of the cuts. I'm using the 45mm cutter, new blade, and wondered if I should switch to a different size. Would those of you who love yours help the rest of us with some techniques, please? I have found cutting from whole yard pieces really impossible.
    It might be the size of your rotary cutter. I use a 45mm cutter and line the bottom of the fabric on the 2" mark (I think that the line, I don't have the ruler handy)