Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quilted about a third of the quilt, now I don't like the quilting!

Alright-so heres the deal. I have this quilt that I have quilted about a third, maybe a fourth of. I don't really like what I was doing, and I'm definitely not a stitch-picker. I really do take every quilt as a learning opportunity as I've only been sewing a few years and quilting inside of that. Would you all just try something else for the rest of the quilt? Or stay with what you were doing to finish it out? I am leaning towards trying something different!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quilted about a third of the quilt, now I don't like the quilting!

Sure, why not. It is your quilt and you could use it as a sampler of quilting designs.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How different will your second choice of quilting be? And which part of the quilt have you completed? Is there a good way to transition from the completed part to a different pattern? Perhaps you could section it off and do various quilt patterns in each section. That way, you won't draw attention to the one section that is different.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah! that is what I meant, Jean.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have used finished quilt tops for "sampler" stitching and they look fine.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yep,,,, it's going to be a "sampler"... especially if it's only a 4th... I'd make row passes of different pattern.. and end with about a 4th of the same as the beginning.... that's just how my brain works...
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyequilter View Post
    I have used finished quilt tops for "sampler" stitching and they look fine.
    I vote to for it, if you don't like it at this point you are not g going to enjoying working on it and it will e I their take forever because you are not enjoying it or it will become a ufo. Good luck with this, there are so many quilting designs on line I am sure you will find something compatible, maybe add a few different designs to make it a quilting stitch sampler as was previously mentioned.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

As Shirley so often says: Your quilt, your rules. No quilt police here. Do whatever makes you feel good.

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Great advice from out quilting friends.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have been watching Angela Walters videos over at Craftsy. She showed how she would quilt a design, then do a row of quilting like pebbles to separate border it then change the quilting design. When she wanted to change again, she would do some more pebbles. Gave an interesting look and you get to try different patterns.
    Vonnie