Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default New here and from non-sunny California

I am an older (understatement there) quilter-sewer from Caliofrnia, a retired nurse, a wanna be paid author of
    inpirational fiction, a sewer, quilter, knitter, crocheter, sewer, quilter and the list goes on and on.

I wear the typo crown for messing up text. I am the official expert, so read my comments with a bucket-full of caring.

in my spare time, myself and a friend make and send out two foot cloth dolls free to VERY sick kids, with cancer, and other devastating medical conditions. Doll 230 goes out in the morning to UTAH. The girl dolls flip to become a second doll with a sleepy face and wears a night gown.

I have been loving MSQC for quite a while now. What great daily deals find this way to an old woman.

I have 15 great grands and one due late August. (It's a girl)

anyway...hello everyone.

Vickey (Wordpaintervs)

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New here and from non-sunny California

Welcome to the forum from a retired great grandmother in southern California. It is not sunny here either, much needed rain is coming in Thursday or Friday. You will love the forum and learn a lot from the very talented ladies here (I am).

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Vickey welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.Thank you for veing such a caring and generous person and giving dolls to sick kids.I would still love a cloth doll I think they are the best.
    Joan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from SW Ohio.

I, too, am a retired GGM (great grand mother). We have similar interests, except I am more of a story teller than writer. lol

This forum is the best for support, advice and answers to your quilting questions. Visit often.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, Vickey. Glad you joined us!