Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesdays are my kinda day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daisy.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	109759

Happy Tuesday Folksies

Ever have a day that you don't want to do anything at all? I mean, the kind of day where you don't answer the phone (because you know someone will be yinging your yang?); a day where if you wanted to wallow in the bed, eat a tub of ice cream all by yourself (if'n you had some), take a walk in the woods and look for wild flowers or just spend the day looking at pinterest? Yeah, that's me this morning. I want to do all of the above. Talk about a fun day. Gimme a radio or portable teeny cd player - do they still make those? - with a composition book or two that I can fill up with drawings of some of my unknown pass a long plants, ideas that never get done but are fun to write down, a carafe of coffee. The only thing I would need is - well, nothing. I have a great imagination. My problem is I wouldn't know where to start. The other problem is that I am always too busy with stuff that has to be done that I don't do the things that I want to get done. Like doing nothing. I may just have to pencil that in my daily appt book.

So, today. What am I up to today? Hoping it is half as good as yesterday. Of course, I had to sit with Tyler. There is no getting anything done while being with him. In the next week I will be possibly staying there longer. My SIL, Stevie is having some surgery and someone needs to take care of things while DD works. Can I say that very little has been done at my house or my sewing in the past several weeks. I have worked on a few COC's. A few little hand bags that were orders but other than that, nope. nothing. nada. But Tyler really likes me. I am the old lady that stays on the floor and plays with him; that is because once I am down there, I have a hard time getting back up. Yesterday I took him outside and let him feel the grass under his feet. My, what happy toes he had. I love to hear his giggle. It sounds something like "aHA". I really should not be so twitterpated over this little fella since his bio-ma hasn't been to court yet. That's next week. Anyway, when I come home from there, I am pooped. I cook dinner, check on the Moms - although I have brought her with me a few times - and then it seems to magically start all over again. I can really understand why babies are for young people. I had my 3 in four years and looking back, I don't know how I did it all. Honest. I think it was because I was too young to realize that I couldn't. Here's another Honest. I almost said Honest Injun but that would be politically incorrect today. Oh well.

Okay folksies, off to do the never ending laundry, other house chores and then let the day really begin. But first, some more inspiration from coffee.

Be blessed this day. Be kind, go the extra mile, open a door for someone even if they aren't older than you, practice your smile on everyone and count how many you get back. Here's one of mine for you to practice with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	your smile.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	109760
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesdays are my kinda day

Hey Blondie! Here's an idea: Let's put that oh so perfect day you describe on a bucket list, to do together! How neat would that be!?

Good morning! More to do than hours allow today! 5 Grands coming tomorrow! Hugs and prayers....
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello folks! A lovely day here, no drama, no chaos, and home on time to healthy kids.

My daughter is in her final weeks of Kindergarten, it has been a bit of a roller coaster for a lot of reasons (she's boarder line ADD and her teacher often wears her grumpy pants to school!) but we are closing out the year strong. She has a super wiggly front tooth, I'm dying for it to fall out!! Oh the cuteness! She is giving the welcome speech at the music concert on Friday and we found out today that she is moving up a grade level in Reading next year. I'm so proud of her!

DS has been home sick but he is going back tomorrow, he looks JUST FINE to me! No fever for over 24 hours, so back to normal we go.

We teach ten units per year in each subject area, I have officially taught, assessed, and returned for re-teaching/corrections nine of the ten units. I'm Planned for every class through the end of the year!! Hip hip horray!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Blondie, I certainly hear ya! One day seems to run in to another before I know it. I hear myself saying " today I'd like to do this and before you know it a week has passed and it's still on my list". Silly me, I thought when I retired I would have all those days to do nothing, somehow that didn't happen!
    Haven't been in my sewing room in a while and I'm missing it. I'm working on some sugar flowers for a special wedding cake that I'll be driving to Pittsburgh to do. It seems I have a "procrastination problem" and should have started sooner so now I'm paying the price. I keep telling myself I do my best work under pressure, so we'll see!
    Well, I better get moving I hear the coffee calling my name. Thinking of all my forum friends and sending wishes for a good day.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Blondie, it seems that Tuesday is your day, because for me on Tueswday is the day I start the week, because on Monday I do not really want to do much,it¨s like starting the routine and gives me desire of great things, my day is somewhat lonely because my husband leaves the house early and not return until the evening so I am with my two cats all day, when you walk sun but if it´s raining like today the only thing I do is entengle at home, but at least I rejoice with your writings and the way you explain things, I think today will walk by your meadows in my imagination,thank you, Well I hope everyone has a good day

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning. Well Monday sludged along yesterday and here we are at Tuesday. It looks to be a very quiet day at work today. There is a fundraising fashion show that a whole lot of people will be attending so there will be a lot of empty offices around.

Today is ds #1's birthday. I stayed up until midnight last night to be the first to send him birthday wishes. So I am a bit tired this morning but that's ok. I will call him when I get home from work at 5:19 since that's the time he was born on 5/19/72. My youngest was born on 2/26 at 2:26.

Time to get this tired mama moving along. The washing machine has been busy already this morning doing a load of diapers getting them ready to turn into burp cloths.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning friends
    Blondie - that walk in the woods sounds grand...
    I am looking forward to the day when I have grands to watch Not anytime soon, but I'd be ok if it happens within the next 5 years or so!
    Yesterday, I marked my charms so that I can sew up the HST's. I am most torturous to myself while deciding if I do actually want to use some of the busier lights in the line (Lexington) as darks, and pair them with a solid ivory OR just let the busier lights be lights... does that even make sense in writing???? it makes sense in my head.
    I am not a scrappy quilter, so it is a bit out of my comfort zone (ok, really out of my comfort zone) to have all those printed lights playing together. The thing that makes it all ok is that there are only 3 main colors in this line - blue, cream, and the goldish tan that I don't really know what that color is called..... I just keep feeling that I need to go with the flow and let the lights be lights (thus meaning, everything with the cream/ivory background is technically light), and pair the busier lights with a more plain dark.
    Have I made y'all crazy yet??? I'll figure it out.... soon..... I hope....
    So, if you haven't guessed yet, I will be trying to squeeze in time today to sew HST's
    Have the most splendid of splendid days everyone!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all! Sounds like everyone has bunches going on! Here too...work is still a big ugly mess...but hey I have a job, I can eat breathe sleep walk talk....digging for those positives! DH has a hernia in his belly...that took us to the emergency room last week. They were able to push it back in and have schedule the 1st of two surgeries for June 12th. Sunday he woke with the gout...guy just can't catch a break. Imagine his demeanor....as I said...searching for the positives!

Everyone have a great day!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all! It's May 19, and 12 years ago today I became a grandma for the first time! Time sure does fly, and now I have 6 grandkids ( one stepson acquired through my oldest daughter's marriage) and 2 great grands, thanks to that sweet stepson! Wish I could be with the birthday boy today, but I left a little gift bag for him when I was visiting them last month!

I had a crazy senior moment yesterday. I have some long time friends who have been meeting for lunch . We hadn't gotten together in a while and we were trying to find a date for lunch. The date was decided on, May 20. For some strange reason, I had it in my head that the lunch was Monday, never mind that Monday was the 18th! I was all dressed ready to go and at my one friend's house knocking at her door to pick her up. She was at work and her hubs informed me that the lunch was Wednesday! Duh! Felt like such a ditz!

My grandson who lives nearby had his last official band concert at a local mall last night. They did a good job for being a beginning band ( one year of music lessons). They have a great teacher, so he has turned out some good little musicians!

Other than those two events, I had one of those days that Blondie described, DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Oh, I did a few loads of laundry, but NO SEWING! Maybe today!

Have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,

Jeff is home sick today. He came home early yesterday with a high fever and we were able to get him an appointment with the doctor after hours. They were concerned about his new hip and rejection. After running some tests we found out he has a UTI. He will probably be home today and tomorrow taking his meds.

Wishing everyone a blessed day....more later if I get a break.