Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi from Connecticut!

Hello all!
    I am a 54 year old RN in Connecticut and was bitten by the quilting bug about 10 years ago. Did one baby quilt but after that I didn't seem to be able to devote much time to quilting as I would have liked back then due to work and family responsibilities but have always enjoyed going to quilt shows and shopping for fabric, books and notions!! I had rotator cuff surgery in February so no work for 3 months...yippee! I've done a lot of web browsing in that time....lots of changes in the last few years with everything! I'm loving those precuts!! I had several UFOs that I am beginning to complete. I just finished a wall hanging done in bright batiks a couple of weeks ago after starting it about 3 years ago! I brought it to a long arm quilter in town and should get it back in a few weeks! Cannot wait to see it! When I was doing my web browsing I came across Jenny's site and visit it a lot! I love her tutorials! I am currently separated and have an 18 year old daughter. I recently got a nonclinical nurse job with no weekends and minimal holiday and call responsibilities....my dream job! I am thrilled with the new job! Besides learning a lot of new things I now can devote more time to my passion!! Anyone else from CT?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hi from Connecticut!

Hi there, welcome from California. So glad you're joining us. Finding Jenny's tutorial was such a blessing for me. She makes it so clear and easy to understand. : )
    Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

3. Thanks LeighS thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Leigh
    Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.Glad you found us and decided to join in.
    Joan

5. Thanks LeighS thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Leigh from SE Louisiana!

7. Thanks LeighS thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Just joined this forum (my first quilting one ever!) and already I feel at home!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Leigh!

10. Thanks LeighS thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome to the forum from Missouri. Glad you joined us. I had rotator cuff surgery a few years ago and it was while I was recuperating that I found M* online. I hope you enjoy being part of our group.

12. Thanks LeighS thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Leigh! I am in Springfield, MA - so depending on where you are in CT it could be very close There is another Newbie here, MichelleRN - from Suffield, CT - hmmm..... do I detect a possible coffee/quilt shop meet up in our future???

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Barb! i bet you get asked this a lot...but have you been lucky enough to visit Jennys shop? It would be dangerous for me to be near a shop like hers! �� did you have any problems after your surgery? I'm doing well but can't believe how long the recuperation period is...have just started lifting 1 pound weights!! As long as I get to full range of motion and am not in pain (eventually!) that will be good!

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

That would be great! I am about an hour from Springfield so not too far!