Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which tutorial was it ???

I recently watched a tutorial where Jenny was using the paper......I remember she cut a shape from a square and then used the triangles to sew on as well..........I thought the man sewing guy was in it as well ( but I could be confused). I loved the pattern and was going to order the papers and the template....I thought it was the periwinkle, but now I'm not sure.......does anyone know what I'm talking about?? LOL

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which tutorial was it ???

The Bordered Periwinkle quilt is done like that.
    It's on my 'to do' list.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I'll check it out...........I notice your id name is sunrae......my youngest DD was born 12 days after my Mom passed. Her name is Judith (for mom) Rae. We call her Rae as she was the only sunshine in a very sad time for my family. 22 years later she still is my sunshine

4. Thanks sunrae thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

My name is Rae but not for such a lovely a reason as your DD.
    My father (Mr Robinson) was a boxing fan hoping for a son so had Ray picked out as the name - when I turned up my parents just changed the spelling. I still got Sugar a lot though.
    For younger readers Sugar Ray Robinson is considered to be one of the greatest boxers of all time with a 25 year career starting in 1940.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My brother in law's name is Lindell Kenneth Price. His parents really wanted a girl, and when he wasn't, changed it to Lindell. He goes by Ken!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Rae,
    I just saw your response.......guess what My youngest DD has teased since she was a child that she would "go" Sugar Rae Robinson on someone........LOL our last name is, you guessed it....Robinson

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Another name story...

I was an 'oops' baby. My mother already had two teenagers when she discovered she was pregnant with me. Each side of the family wanted the baby given a traditional name from the family. One side wanted Catherine, the other side wanted Delores. My mother didn't want to show favoritism to either side so she put the two together and came up with Kandee. She thought it was a very clever solution but the end result was both sides were offended and I didn't have the most welcoming homecoming. I never liked my name when I was a child because it always made me 'different' and every year on the first day of school of course the teachers would comment on it and bring attention to me I did not want. I was very shy. Now that I am an adult I have grown into my name and cherish it as a special gift my mother gave to me.
    Don't worry, be scrappy!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Another name story.......
    When my older sister was born my parents named her Eileen. When my uncle ( a priest) baptized her, he decided to name her Patricia as there were already two named Thomas in the family ( my father and older brother) . The birth certificate already said Eileen so everything had to be changed!
    When I came along 3 years later I was named Eileen and my uncles( the priests) were given strict orders not to change it!
    So I have my sisters name and my sister has mine!!!

Fast forward to when I'm in my 50's, I find out my father's name was not real and he changed his name prior to WW2. His real name was Percy William Thomas Etcher and he changed it to Thomas William Wills, ( the last name actually the last name of his half sister)
    I then found out I had a whole other family in Canada that I never knew existed from the Etcher side!!!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I was due on Feb. 24th. I had an uncle from my mothers side (BIL) and an aunt from my daddys side(SIL). They each had exacted promises from my mother that she would name me after the two of them. So here I come on the 24th of Feb. Mother decided that she didn't want to name me Lloyd from her side nor did she want to name me after my Aunt. That was Lyla Silvia...Mom decided that that sounded like a chicken...and I was 9lbs. So I ended up Jill Michelle!
    Home is where your mother is..........