Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: So grateful for you all

Thanks for sharing your story. Congrats on your sobriety, and finding peace and happiness.

2. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! I've been reading what everyone has written in response to your story. We really do have a bunch of nice people on here, don't we? Congrats on getting sober. That's a big step and I hope you are really proud of your accomplishment. It's sad that you had to have such a horrible fall, but it sounds like it was actually a blessing in disquise. Sometimes it takes a tragedy to knock some sense into our heads or maybe some life-altering experience that's not even a tragedy. I've recently been in touch with my boyfriend from high school days. It took his wife getting pregnant for him to finally get clean and to get sober. No matter what the circumstances, it's not easy to take the high road so my hat's off to you for turning things toward a more positive scenario.

I think it's so cool that you're living in the cemetery! Nice job if you ask me. Keep us abreast of your quilting adventures. We love pictures.
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; May 12th, 2015 at 12:49 PM.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

4. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing your journey. This forum is almost like no where else on the internet. It is safe, warm, friendly, helpful, and above all full of love and joy (and an occasional rant, which is good for the soul). Your story brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. I wish you all the best in your new life that is a gift. Quilting is a way for happiness to be realized in pieces of fabric. May you be blessed always.
    ~Louise

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
    George Eliot

6. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Pam
    We all have problems. Sometimes it's financial, maybe job related, children, etc. To us they're monumental & all consuming.
    Sometimes all we need is to talk to someone not connected. Someone who will not judge or cast blame. Someone who'll just let us vent. You found the best forum out there. The folks here are always ready & willing to listen, suggest or even "talk" us off the ledge. I've looked at other forums for ideas or tutorial s but for a word of comfort or reassurance I come here. Stick around... The good will get better & the bad? Well we won't let that stick around for very long.
    Welcome Georgia!
    Gina

8. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your post, Pam, and please accept a warm welcome from Connecticut, as well. It was a blessing to read your story, and I have to agree with you - quilters make great comforters, in more ways than one!

10. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Pam, a virtual hug, since a real one is not possible.
    We all make mistakes. The point is to go on and make changes and try to do our best. I understand what you say about this forum... the same for me, when I was at home for weeks in January this was always opened on my desktop and I felt so much better, inside my heart, reading about so many wonderful people!
    I'm glad you have the time to do what you enjoy the most. Quilting is such a therapy!
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

12. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hugs Pam! Thanks for sharing your story and a big congratulations for turning your life around in such a positive way.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

14. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Pam, Your strength in your willingness to make the life you have now is phenomenal. Putting together random pieces of fabric,cut in many shapes and coming up with a beautiful item is akin to life for all of us. Maybe this is why, when we come to quilting it's like coming "home". Not everything turns out the way we pictured it, but the picture turns out lovely anyway.

16. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pharris123 View Post
    I live in Evergreen Cemetery in Bedford.
    I found your story very inspirational to me and honestly you made me smile so many times. I am so glad you got sober and got back to church. That made me smile. But I have to tell you girl, you made me laugh out loud when I read that you live in a cemetery. I think no I KNOW that you are the only person I "know" that LIVES IN A CEMETERY. And I have a mean neighbor on one side so I am jealous that your neighbors are not any bother to you.

18. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes to you in your journey. I have a cousin who is an alcoholic. She's been sober for many years & attends AA. She hasn't made her way back to church yet. Enjoy your quilting. Welcome to the Forum from Colorado. Thanks for sharing. We care!

20. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post