Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Giveaway Week 17 May 1st - 8th

Congratulations to Skymom & because we love you so much we occasionally let you rest a week and count your entries as double, a second congratulations is going out to Granny Judy!! Go, GrannyJudy! You and skymom both are some lucky ducks because 2000 Quilters Cash Points are coming your way!!!

Those girls are all kinds of lucky!!! Some of us take a little longer to get that kind of good stuff in our lives, don't you think? Like a quilt... Some of those go together super quick and the love and excitement just as fast! Others take years! I have a quilt somewhere stacked up waiting for me to work on it, and no lie, it's been there over 8 years! Haha! Beat that ladies! No really! This week I want to know how long your longest Quilt project has taken you.
    If you havent started yet, give us an imaginary best guess, along with a story of why it will take that long. That sounds fun doesn't it?! Or simply say that is undetermined at this time Whatever works, I'll take about anything but double entries

Good luck!!

To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer the question! You only get one entry per contest round. A winner will be chosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 1000 Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one your way!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 17 May 1st - 8th

So far, the longest was one started in 1979--I finally had it quilted in 2013.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not counting the first piecing that I ever did, because it will never get finished - I mean what 10 year old knows to sew all the seams the same? I'd have to say the paper pieced hexi quilt I've been working on for a few years now. It needs a few more hexis, but then comes the daunting task of hand quilting it. I may still change my mind on that ...
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

25 yrs and it's still not finished.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Ladies!!!!
    I would have to say my first quilt was the longest. All that cutting and sewing and I didn't really have a clue what I was doing. It was a king size quilt as you go reversible and it took me a year.
    Shirley

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hahahahaha...... since I only seem to really finish baby quilts..
    all of the bigger tops that I have made and are still sitting waiting...
    but only a year since I just started quilting a bit over a year ago

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lets see, I bought the stuff about 6 years ago and finished the pattern size and it turned out beautifully. It was the mexican star and had an interesting technique. So I started to make a full size bed quilt using the same pattern. The pattern bom was only for a 45 X 45....so I guessed at the amount of fabric I needed. I cut a few strip sets out of all the fabrics and started sewing it together. I made a mistake sewing a wrong pattern within the quilt block. I have not gotten back to it as I am afraid that the mistake will cause a large hiccup in the quilt. I cannot just go out and buy matching fabric. So a good six years. I was making this originally for my parents, who upgraded to the next size bed....so It won't even fit their bed now if I get back to it.

C'mon winnner winner chicken dinner. I need some good spendable quilters cash!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have one that is going on 5 years
    The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above/ Is under a quilt, handmade with love

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the winners. Maybe a year....I have a couple of tops that I need to finish...but life sometimes gets in the way.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I guess a year is the longest its has taken me.