• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JAM
    Designer Diva
    • Dec 2013

Re: Giveaway Week 18 May 8th - 15th

Growing up, there wasn't much we could afford. Having eight children, things were always sparse.

As a little child my Mother bought me a tiny sewing machine. It promised to be fully functional, to sew straight stitches. Not having a lot of money my Mother had to save whatever she could, as a result, she bought me the tiny sewing machine for Christmas. It was my only Christmas present.

Of course the machine didn't what it had promised. I don't know who was more disappointed. We went to the store, they thought it was funny of us to believe it would actually sew. My Mother got her money back and we left empty handed.

I told her it was okay, that I didn't needed a gift or sewing machine. Holding my hand, my Mother promised me that one day she would buy me a real sewing machine.

It took her ten years to make this promise come true. Even though our financial situation wasn't much better. My Mother bought me a Pfaff. There are no words to describe, what I felt. I thanked her so much, she just squeezed my hand.

Of course I sewed whatever I could, a nighty for my Mother was the first item ever. Whith crooked seams and all, who cared, my Mother was so proud of me, she showed it to everyone who came to visit.

This is just one example of my Mothers love to me, so she is my hero! I'm thankful for all the moments and time I had with her. She passed away while I was still very young and is gone now way to long.

I love her and miss her so much.

ShouldmI be the winner, please forward it to HulaMoon, she seams to be such a loving Mother too. Thank you!
    ♥♥♥ JAM ♥♥♥

Comment

• catmama635
      Applique Angel
      • Sep 2013

Although my mom passed away 15 yrs ago, I miss her all the time. She had a great sense of humor even though she was very ill for many years. She made most of the clothes for me, my sister and herself when we were kids. She loved to play games and she loved watching horror movies with me.
      Ellen =^..^=

Comment

• Panda
        Designer Diva
        • Apr 2012

Congratulations Myrna! My whole life was a wonderful memory with my mom. She has been gone 1 1/2 years now, and I miss her so very much. I also had a very special aunt that took care of us while my mom worked. She has been gone for 15 years and I miss her very much. They were amazing strong women.

Kathy

Comment

• Nana2mandj
          UN-Biased
          • Apr 2015

The most inspiring woman I have had in my life was my maternal grandmother. Nana was the person who seemed to always be in a great mood and smiling. She was one of the oldest of a large family. She gave birth to my father and his twin brother in 1921, then had another son 2 years later. She lived on the family farm that had been in the family since the 1856 and raised her sons with my grandfather. Two months before my Dad and his twin turned 18, my grandmother gave birth to twin daughters!!!! Yes, after 18 years, they had a new family! Nana always said that she was thrilled that she had twins because one child would have been lonely.
          Nana and my Grandpa moved to her family homestead after the death of her parents, when I was 3 years old. Since we lived in a rural area, visits were always exciting events. I was the only granddaughter of a group of 8 grandchildren from her 3 sons, so I was able to get a lot of special time with my Nana.
          She was so patient and taught me to cook, to garden, and most importantly to me: to SEW! I first learned on her Singer treadle machine and smile whenever I think of her patience and positive disposition. She has been the on person I have admired more than anyone else I have ever known and I miss her every day.

Comment

• settermom6
            Prairie Pointer
            • Jan 2014

Not everyone is blessed with a nice Mom. My sister in law is one of those less fortunate. However, my Mother always has said that giving birth doesn't make you a Mother. A child grows in your heart, not under it. Such a great sentiment!

Comment

• Bouse
              The Guild President
              • Aug 2014

My mum is the best mum in the world. I am one of 6 kids and she made us feel that there is nothing we achieve or learn to do if we wanted to. I now have 2 small children and she is there for them too. They just love their Mama

Comment

• Sonic
                Missouri Star
                • Sep 2014

The women on this forum have blessed me in a way that is immeasurable.
                While I have been the recipient of some awesome forum mail, the fact to so many here are willing to reach out to others the way these ladies (and gents) do, is both inspiring and healing to my soul.
                Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

• quiltinterri
                  4 Patch Pro
                  • Sep 2010

I was blessed by my wonderful Aunt who started me quilting and I love it.

Comment

• duckie125
                    UN-Biased
                    • Nov 2014

My mother got a liver transplant in 2005. They had literally told her she had maybe two months to live when the right size liver came along. Unfortunately the donor came from somebody else losing a life, but my mother gained her life back. And, it just so happened the donor was right at my age, so my moms joke is her liver is as young as me. There are so many stories surrounding this, but just as an overall thought I thank God every day that my mom is here, alive, doing well, and I am so sorry that someone lost a loved one-we could never repay them enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X