Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 18 May 8th - 15th

I just lost my last surviving aunt, my Aunt Grace. She always loved me--but then, she always loved everyone.

Aunt Grace was my dad's baby sister, I believe they were 14 years apart. My father died when I was only 20, and my Aunt Grace was the relative who reached out to me and kept me close as a part of his family. I will always be grateful to her for that.

I visited with her three times in the last decade, as in I left my mostly adult kids home with dad and spent time either at my Aunt Grace's home or traveling with her. We had some fun times, and I learned things about my dad that I'd never known.

Aunt Grace, I know that you're in heaven; please pray for me!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

My step mom has been an amazing example of love, kindness, patience and creativity. She always came up with creative things for us kids to do when we had visits. She taught us how to crochet when I was only 8. My favorite memory of her is on a whim planning out and making a small quilt. I cut all of the fabric the way she told me to and I pressed the seams as she sewed them together. Even today she still gives me advice as I start to venture into the quilting world. Being in Korea makes it harder but she is always encouraging and supportive of all that I do.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My mom is the best and I truly feel blessed. She's been my biggest cheerleader since I was a young girl, always encouraged me to pursue my passions, she has taught me everything I know about crafting and creating, and she is truly my best friend! We spend hours on the phone with each other every week... just chatting about what crafty things we're up to. We've also gone and spent HOURS in our local JoAnn's, helping each other pick out our materials. Then, every year we go to the Sewing Expo when it comes here to Cleveland and we make an entire day (sometimes 3 days) out of it and have so much fun!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image(1)-1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	109381
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

When my son was little (maybe 3 or 4) and Nana was still with us and we lived close to her, we'd visit her all the time, especially on Holidays. One Easter the weather was dreary, and we decided to forego the Easter Egg hunt because the grass was wet and it was kind of yucky out in her yard. Nana and my son were looking out the kitchen door, and there was a bunny. Son was so excited to see the "Easter Bunny" he came running into the living room to tell me about it. Of course, by the time I got to the kitchen, there was no bunny - but there was a beautiful Easter Egg right where the bunny had been.

In that short amount of time, Nana had quickly grabbed a colored egg from the fridge and hustled down the steps to put an egg where the rabbit had been. Henry was so excited to go out and collect the egg that the Easter Bunny had left just for him.

Nana was always doing goofy stuff like that for us kids. She's been gone 23 years now, and there are days I still miss her like it was yesterday.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My Aunt Norma and I got along famously. She taught me to cook and sew flannel nightgowns. We laughed at such silly absurd stuff together. She took me in after my parents died. She was a wonderful person.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was blessed to have the sweetest Mom. She was a hugger and always hugged us when she saw us. A hug hello and a hug goodbye. I miss those hugs.
    Shirley

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My mother in law is Awesome! She is the one who taught me to quilt! She also supported and encouraged me to go back to college to be a nurse. It has been a great career choice and I am so grateful for her love and support throughout the years.
    April

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

My Mom is an amazing woman. She lost her dad in WWII and her Mom died when she was very young. i love her strength, peace and courage in all we have been thru. She has always been there for me.
    Hugs and Smiles
    This is what I am doing when I am not here--

www.etsy.com/shop/ckquilter

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I lost my mom 7 years ago and there isn't a day I don't want to pick up the phone and call her to tell her something or ask for a recipe. My tears are running down my face as Mom went 5 weeks after Daddy. Tell your mom you love her every chance you get b4 you don't get the chance...
    Home is where your mother is..........

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My mother passed away this past fall and I do miss her so much. She taught me to sew and was my inspiration to begin to quilt. She taught me perseverance and patience, kindness and love. She was always so gentle and sweet, smiling all the while.