Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 18 May 8th - 15th

My grandmother was a seamstress by trade. She used to make all of her grandchildren's holiday dresses. We would all get the same dress but in a different color. Family pictures are so fun to see. I got my love of sewing from her. I sewed my daughter's clothing until it was no longer cool then I moved on to things around the home, curtains and pillows, etc. I am retired now and have turned that love of sewing into quilting! Thanking my grandmother for the inspiration!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've been blessed by two very special young women whom I think about every Mothers Day. They made the ultimate sacrifice a mother could ever make and chose to make an adoption plan for their baby. Because of their unselfish love, I am blessed to be called mother to my two, beautiful children! I will never forget that first mothers day! And these two women will always hold a special place in my heart.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have several that have blessed me in some way or another. My Mother blessed me with her talents of sewing and I guess you could say my crafting bug. She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. As I got older and started making my own clothes if I couldn't make it (jacket or a pair of pants) she would make that and I would do the rest. My Grandmother on my mothers side blessed me with her cooking abilities and gardening abilities. My Grandmother on my dad's side blessed me with her cooking abilities as well and some sewing abilities. But all three of them taught me how to love. My mother in law taught me how to do Counted Crosstitch.

Binding Belle

2nd star to the right, straight on till morning! (Many LA)
    Post Thanks / Like

My mom was so good-hearted. She didn't have much at all, but she LOVED to give to her kids and grandkids. She sewed by hand, and would re-purpose thrift store finds, make pillows, and home decor. She lived for her kids and grandkids. I miss her so...

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Mom was the best mom ever, I miss her every day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Myrna.

My grandmother's sister, Aunt Helen, is the one that taught me that if you are doing any type of needlework to make sure the back is as good looking as the front!!!! She made me rip out an embroidery project to the point it had more holes than thread, but I learned my lesson well.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

My mom always would always sew. I learned from her. She is gone, but I think of her daily.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

My Mother for sure was my inspiration in all things. She was very crafty and there isn't a time in my life that I don't remember her having some craft that she was doing. As far back as I can remember the first one was ceramics. She even had a big room filled with them in different stages of painting and firing. She even taught classes. Then I remember her stamping leather and making purses, wallets, key fobs and whatnot. She also did knitting, crocheting, embroidery, sewing and quilting.......the list goes on and on. It took me several years but some of that wore off on me and I have done most of the same things and am now so hooked on quilting I can think of nothing more. But then there IS that granny square afghan that I am working on too..............lol LOVE my Mom and miss her everyday.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to acknowledge my Navy daughter who became a new Mother on December 31st, 2014. Ashley has already faced such diversity and trial since her sons's birth. Her husband walked out on her and the baby Feb 15, 2015; she is surviving and taking each day as it comes. I couldn't more proud......That little boy is her world and he is so lucky to have her.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ashley award 0726.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	109282Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ashley and Conner 28 weeks.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	109283Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mommy Ash and Connor (535x794).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	109284
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My mother raised five children pretty much by herself. Despite all the adversity and frustration she experienced she kept her sense of humor. Let me tell you it was wicked. One time she told me she had gotten my birthday present. Being guilible I asked for a clue , laughing she said it has wheels . I was too young for a car and too old for a bike, so ? A beautiful watch was in the box I opened on my birthday. I got so good at this clue game that to this day nobody gives me clues for fear I'll guess. Thanks mom.