Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Juki 2010 Owners....

I got my machine last week and I LOVE him!!!

My questions are...

1) What kind of oil are you using? My bottle fell off my table with no cap and it leaked out everywhere. I have just a bit left, but need to probably get more. I can't seem to find the brand/type that the manual instructs to use other than buying 1/2 gallon of it. Will the Zoom Spout Oiler work?

2) What size needless are your "standard" needles? Again, I tried to find the kind that came with the machine, but am having a hard time. I bent the first one and the second one is probably going to need to be replaced soon. Leaves me with 2 left and probably should get a few more

So far I seriously am in LOVE with this machine and so incredibly happy with my purchase Only thing that is taking some getting used to is the auto thread cutter in the foot pedal.... Keep cutting my threads by accident. Lol
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hey Juki 2010 Owners....

Quote Originally Posted by KnitWitRosie View Post
    I got my machine last week and I LOVE him!!!

My questions are...

So far I seriously am in LOVE with this machine and so incredibly happy with my purchase Only thing that is taking some getting used to is the auto thread cutter in the foot pedal.... Keep cutting my threads by accident. Lol
    I disconnected mine for that reason. You still have the button on the machine to cut the thread.

The first repairman I had (I have the 98 model) told me to use Singer needles.
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You will become accustomed to the thread cutter--I'd hate to be without mine now! I was making string blocks yesterday--nothing better.

I'm not sure about the oil--my sewing machine guy said Tri-Flow, but I haven't needed to buy any yet. My machine came with 100 extra needles, so I haven't bought any more--the ones I have are Organ brand.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I get my Organ needles from CTS USA. Less than $12 for 100 and free shipping. I often use the 90/14, but 80/12 is popular too. They last longer for me than the Schmetz did. The 10 that came with my Juki lasted almost a full year!!! The Schmetz - I was lucky to get a whole quilt from one before it broke off. Maybe it was a bad batch?

15x1/HAx1 Organ Needles Sharp Point 100pcs

For the oil, a good quality Sewing Machine Oil was recommended to me by my favorite repair shop. Alpah Sew Zoom Spout. I paid $5 for a bottle. I bought it from him, but here is a link so you can see what it looks like. It last so long, I don't think I'd want a 1/2 gallon around...not sure what the shelf life is, but for me, it's just something I'd have to make space to store.

Amazon.com: Zoom Spout - Sewing Machine Oil #1749

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That is the same oil I use. I'm about ready to put a little dot of nail polish next to the holes the oil goes into.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the bottle that came with it, a bottle with the zoom spout marked Janome, and bottles of oil that came with Pfaff.
    I had a Bernina oiler, it had a spout like Glue Baste-it but the bottle was too hard to squeeze. The Vulcan likes the precision tip so I gave it to him.

I'm liking the cutter in the foot pedal.

I bought about 100 90/14 Organ needles from Allbrands. Some fabric requires 90/14 topstitch, and I just ran into something that needed 100/16.

Bought topstitch in all those forms. Most of the 100/16 needles I have are Wing Needles.
    Last edited by Alpha O; May 2nd, 2015 at 06:24 PM.

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

My Juki is on a Grace frame so I'm not running into the problem with the thread cutter. I bought my Organ 90/14 needles from the same place that Katier825 did, CTSUSA.com and have been really happy with them. Ordered the sewing machine oil from Amazon too and am quite happy with that. I did take nail polish and mark all the oiling holes. Made it so much easier than taking out the book to find out which ones were the right hole.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I also recently purchased the Juki 2010 and am very happy with it. I asked the dealer about the oil and needles. She said that using a good quality sewing machine oil was fine - just be sure that it's not yellow. She also said that Schmetz needles were fine, which I was happy to hear, as I have a supply of them, and don't see Organ locally.

Enjoy your new machine!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The oiling holes aren't threaded for screws--that's how I know to oil the right ones.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I had to smile when you reminded me about getting used to the thread cutter. Now I can't live without it and every time I use one of my other machines I always press my foot down to cut the thread! Love that feature!! I use Organ 80/12 needles. My DBF gave me a box of 100 for Christmas a few years ago and I will be working on those for some time to come. Pat - that's a great idea to put a dot of nail polish next to the holes the oil goes into. I am always pulling out my manual to locate them. You would think I'd remember after two years!!!
    Theda

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
    "Daisy Rae" - Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.2.