Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 17 May 1st - 8th

Congratulations to the two winners!

The first quilt that took me the longest that popped into my mind is my Tree of Life quilt. I took a class that lasted 2 years because we met every month and learned a new technique for every block. Then the top sat for a few years before I finally quilted it.

Then I remembered I participated in 2 swap block exchanges through the Alex Anderson quilt board back in the 2000-2001 time frame. (Her board is where I met many on-line friends who are still friends with me today.) I finally got them both quilted in 2013 and 2014, I believe. They are among my favorites. For both of the swaps, we chose what theme we wanted (I chose a star), the size block we wanted (I chose a 10"), and then we provided a certain size of material to send to every participant so our piece of fabric would be in every block. We had a year to get the blocks made for everyone and then you mailed the blocks yourself. Surprisingly, since there was no one central person that did all the mailing - I think out of about 30-40 participants for both swaps, I might have not gotten back 2 or 3 that didn't mail mine back to me.
    Anyhoo- good topic!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

My longest time it took me was 8years. Congrats ladies!!!!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

3 years and counting

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

I have one that is 75% completed that I started in 1995, which is 20 years! Wow, it is longer than I thought!

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I started a quilt for TheHubs two years ago... and I haven't been able to find all the right fabrics so it's only a few hexies big yet. >.<
    I'll be sure to post when I finally get it done. It just might be several years from now.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Two years. It's ready to quilt but just sitting there . . . waiting and waiting.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations ladies! I would have to say that the longest time between beginning and finishing a quilt is going to be undetermined at this time. Some quilts are started and done in no time at all, but then you get one (or two) that something is not quite right about it, so you set it aside for later. That is the undetermined time. I would say never, but I am more optimistic than that.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the long term ladies with quilts still unfinished after years.
    So far the longest I spend on making a quilt was about 8 months. Even with a job loss last year....it still took me that long.
    But my sister loved it.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

The first thing I pieced was a sampler of 4 blocks all done by hand 22 1/2 years ago. Still needs to be quilted. Since it was pieced by hand I need to learn how to hand quilt to finish it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the winners....

I guess I'm in the minority... a couple of months. I didn't sew at all when I was working. I've only been retired 3 years. I started quilting then. I guess all of the Montessori training I've been through has made me into a person that has to finish what I start. If I don't it bugs me to death.

Really, I can be dead tired and start thinking of the next step and I'll get up and get back to work.

Yep, I'm going to put the blame of all of those years of telling kids to finish what they start, put things neatly away... yep, it's coming back to haunt me!

Katrina