Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from Savannah

Hello. I tried quilting years ago and gave up because I don't enjoy cutting fabric at all! I taught myself how to sew doll clothes-the extent of my sewing, and nobody in my family sews at all. Looking for knitting charity patterns on utube, I stumbled onto the MSQC tutorials and saw precuts. When did this happen? Lol! I'm hooked! I joined Jenny's online quilt classes and ta-dah!
    Charity blankets go together so quickly with the precuts, I'm amazed! This past month I've completed 3 with
    charms. The pinwheels are giving me trouble, though. I'll be sure to ask in the forums.
    Our lqs is pretty limited-no precuts at all! Loving MSQC!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from Savannah

Hello and welcome! I'm new here too. I also love the idea of precuts because I have arthritis in my hands and can hardly cut with scissors. I've just ordered a few charm packs and I'm excited to get them and start a project with them. I saw a lovely table runner on here and I think That's what I'll make with them...Genny

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dot and welcome! We're glad you found us. Yes, the pre-cuts are fantastic and have made quilting possible and enjoyable for many. Jenny's Sympoz classes are awesome and I love the format. The tutorials offered at MSQC are really good, too - be sure to watch them all. Visit often so we can get to know you.....Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dot from Canada. Ah Savannah, such a beautiful place. We were there a few years back. Spent a week at Tybee Island, another beautiful place. That is one place I would visit again.

Glad to have you here. Look around the site, lots to see.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Dot!
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Dot fromTexas!
    Happy your here.
    Carol

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dot and welcome! We love Savannah, we have been there several times. We love to eat at Mrs. Wilkes. Also that banana pudding at the Pirate House is to die for.
    Hope to see you here often.
    Shirley

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dot! Welcome from NY, I'm a newbie too! I think you will like this site, I know I do so far. Now if I could just figure out how to shirnk the size of my pictures so that I can post them I be all set!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Dot! We are sure glad to have you join all the wonderful ladies here. I am only 5 miles south of Savannah . . . just in a different state! Of course we're anxious to get to know you, so pull up your chair and I'll fix a mint julep or something to your liking.

WELCOME!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Dot from overcast California! Precuts helped me get started with quilting and i took a class so now I know how to properly cut fabric. Welcome to our addiction!