• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cyndiofthevortex
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2011

Yikes! Where do I start?

Hi from Farmington, NH. I've been quilting for 30 years but have never joined an online quilting community. It's so big! I'd like to feel like I'm part of the neighborhood but don't really know how to get to know people. Help!

Cyndi
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo
  • toggpine
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2009

Re: Yikes! Where do I start?

Welcome Cyndi!! This is the first step!

There are a ton of threads of conversation to chime in on. There is a "daily" thread that is posted for everybody to check in on and see what folks are up to for the day. That is a great way to get to know some of the folks who hang out here. Please browse around and add your two cents in when ever you feel like it. I am sure with your years of quilting experience, we have a lot to learn from you!

I look forward to seeing you here!
    Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• Kizzie
      The Guild President
      • Sep 2011

Hi Cyndi !!! Welcome, I have only been quilting just under a month now! would love to see some of your lovely work after 30yrs experience!!! Please make sure you come and visit the forum often so we can get to know you more!! The ladies are lovely here but I'm sure you will find out soon enough!! Think of this place as your extended family
      sigpic
      Read my Blog and see more pictures HERE
      Like my Facebook Page HERE
      'Follow me' on Twitter HERE

Comment

• quilter.martha
        Missouri Star
        • May 2011

Hi Cyndi! Welcome to the forum!!! I'm so excited to see another person from New Hampshire join the group! You're gonna love it here. Everyone is so very friendly. You've been quilting a LONG time! We hope you've got some photos you'll be able to post and share with us.

The best way to get to know all of us is to just chime in! I haven't been on the forum long, just since May, but I feel like these ladies have become life-long friends.
        When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• Bubby
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

Hi Cyndi and welcome from Missouri. We're glad you found us. This is my first experience with an online quilting forum, but you will find that it's about more than quilts. We talk about many topics and pray for each other when someone is having a hard time. Visit here often so we can get to know you...
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• meemeecyn
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2011

Welcome, Cyndi! i echo everyone's comments, especially Martha's as it is great to have a fellow New Hampshireite join us! Farmington is more north, I believe (I was born in this state, you'd think I would know it better!). We live in the Lakes Region, not too far from Concord. How long have you been in NH? This is a wonderful forum and it truly does feel like I have known these quilters forever. I miss it when I don't have a chance to read/write on the posts.
            If you stick with MSQC forum, you won't go wrong and won't need any other!
            Cynthia

Comment

• debinmalaga
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2009

Hello, Cyndi, and welcome from New Jersey! You will have SO much fun here, it'll become a part of your quilting life. Poke around, look for Blondie's daily thread, you'll find that it goes down a treat with your coffee or tea cuppa. Going to "What's New in the Forums" is also a good place to start looking around.

We're so tickled that you found us, cannot WAIT till you share pictures of your work - I'd love to see what 30 years quilting experience looks like. We do love our eye candy on this site, and you have tons to explore in people's albums and Sarah's blog.
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

• Monique
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2011

Hi Cyndi and welcome from Canada. You just started in the right place. Join us often.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2010

Hi, Cyndi. As far as I'm concerned, you're already part of my friendship ring. We've been waiting patiently for you to find us. We're a great group of people and love sharing - show us what you know and we'll show you what we know (or in some cases, like me, what I wish I knew). Pull up your chair. I'll bring snacks.
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• tamsterg7
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2011

Welcome - you have found a great place to chat, share ideas, share anything really. I see you are a seasoned quilter so I am very excited to read your posts and learn something as I am new to this!

Comment

• Txgrandma
                      The Guild President
                      • Jul 2011

Welcome Cyndi, I am a new quilter and like the others would love to see some of your works of art. You could not have found a better group to join. I have only been on the form for 3 months and already feel like they are all very good friends. They have all been very helpful and supportive of my fumbling my way around the world of quilting. I hope you'll come and join us often so we can get to know you and you can get to know all of us.
                      Mary
                      A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

• carolv
                        The Guild President
                        • Sep 2011

Welcome and nice to meet you.I've only been here a week and everyone has made me feel very welcome. I really like the daily thread as it feels more chatty, you know like next door neighbors. So glad you are here.
                        Carol
                        Carol

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2011

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for welcoming me. I really am looking forward to figuring out where to go and how to find where things are. I have two question for you. First, how do I post pictures and how do I see the pictures other quilters have posted? Oops, those are two questions really and I have another one. Where do I find Blondie's daily thread? I'd like to read it every day but don't know where to find it.

Again, thank you! I'm busy with my last homeschooling boy, age 17, (out of my 7 children) and my husband and I live next door to my daughter and her family including two preschoolers and one foster baby. I get my grammie fix every day and it's great! I do make sure I get in quilting time every day and now I'll add visiting here to my daily (very flexible) routine.

Oh, and good morning to all! It's raining here again in NH which makes today a perfect quilting day. I'd like to post a picture of one of my new project, so someone please help!

Cyndi
                          Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
                            Missouri Star
                            • Oct 2011

Hi Cynthia,

I grew up in Gilford and went to school in Laconia. I travel up to Keepsake in Centre Harbor as often as I can. Do you know these towns? Farmington is near Alton and Wolfeboro to the north and Rochester and Dover to the south.

Are you going to A Quilter's Gathering in November? I go to as many quilt shows as I can that are nearby.

Cyndi
                            Cyndi

Comment

• bobw103
                              Designer Diva
                              • Sep 2011

HI Cyndi. I am also new to this community and it is a great place to be.
                              Bobbi
                              Bobbi
                              :icon_rofl: Laughter is good for the soul
                              And so are Martha's Cookies
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X