Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yikes! Where do I start?

Hi from Farmington, NH. I've been quilting for 30 years but have never joined an online quilting community. It's so big! I'd like to feel like I'm part of the neighborhood but don't really know how to get to know people. Help!

Cyndi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yikes! Where do I start?

Welcome Cyndi!! This is the first step!

There are a ton of threads of conversation to chime in on. There is a "daily" thread that is posted for everybody to check in on and see what folks are up to for the day. That is a great way to get to know some of the folks who hang out here. Please browse around and add your two cents in when ever you feel like it. I am sure with your years of quilting experience, we have a lot to learn from you!

I look forward to seeing you here!
    Cathy

The Guild President

Point Cook, VIC Australia (used to be USA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cyndi !!! Welcome, I have only been quilting just under a month now! would love to see some of your lovely work after 30yrs experience!!! Please make sure you come and visit the forum often so we can get to know you more!! The ladies are lovely here but I'm sure you will find out soon enough!! Think of this place as your extended family

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cyndi! Welcome to the forum!!! I'm so excited to see another person from New Hampshire join the group! You're gonna love it here. Everyone is so very friendly. You've been quilting a LONG time! We hope you've got some photos you'll be able to post and share with us.

The best way to get to know all of us is to just chime in! I haven't been on the forum long, just since May, but I feel like these ladies have become life-long friends.
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cyndi and welcome from Missouri. We're glad you found us. This is my first experience with an online quilting forum, but you will find that it's about more than quilts. We talk about many topics and pray for each other when someone is having a hard time. Visit here often so we can get to know you...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Cyndi! i echo everyone's comments, especially Martha's as it is great to have a fellow New Hampshireite join us! Farmington is more north, I believe (I was born in this state, you'd think I would know it better!). We live in the Lakes Region, not too far from Concord. How long have you been in NH? This is a wonderful forum and it truly does feel like I have known these quilters forever. I miss it when I don't have a chance to read/write on the posts.
    If you stick with MSQC forum, you won't go wrong and won't need any other!
    Cynthia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Cyndi, and welcome from New Jersey! You will have SO much fun here, it'll become a part of your quilting life. Poke around, look for Blondie's daily thread, you'll find that it goes down a treat with your coffee or tea cuppa. Going to "What's New in the Forums" is also a good place to start looking around.

We're so tickled that you found us, cannot WAIT till you share pictures of your work - I'd love to see what 30 years quilting experience looks like. We do love our eye candy on this site, and you have tons to explore in people's albums and Sarah's blog.
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cyndi and welcome from Canada. You just started in the right place. Join us often.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Cyndi. As far as I'm concerned, you're already part of my friendship ring. We've been waiting patiently for you to find us. We're a great group of people and love sharing - show us what you know and we'll show you what we know (or in some cases, like me, what I wish I knew). Pull up your chair. I'll bring snacks.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome - you have found a great place to chat, share ideas, share anything really. I see you are a seasoned quilter so I am very excited to read your posts and learn something as I am new to this!